• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ paying off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ paying off

Hi
    The lewis group acting for santander got a CCJ on me foe over4k and the court accepted a monthly payment of £4 agreed by the claiment 9 months later i receive aletter from tsolicitors on behalf of the lewis group asking me to pay it all to save my credit rating im not bothered about that its so low anyway my query is can they ask for full payment or an increase in the monthly payment i cannot and will not pay more
    any help appreciated
    D
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ paying off

HI

Just send them a copy of the judgment, and say you will continue to pay as agreed in court.

There is nothng they can do about your credit file the judgment debt wil have been registered and will stay on you file for 6 years. They cannot increase the amount you owe nor can thay add interest, all you owe is what the judge said you owed on the day.

Slight correction, they can add a note to say the judgment sum is settled, but this in my opinion usually has very little effect on your credit score.

Peter
    Last edited by peterbard; 14th January 2012, 09:13:AM.

Comment

thanks for reply next problem needs advice please
      I have a motgage shortfall after repossession 3 years ago now solicitors are chasing me i need to fill in income and expentiture form to show them there is no money to pay to stop the hassle of more crap about it my question is
      is my disability living allowance classed as income and has to be put on form its not taken into account for council or rent benefits can they take any of it into consideration.
      thanks for looking and for any help all is helpful im realy getting pd of with them chasing debts i cannot pay
      d

Comment

HI

Your DLA is for the extra money you need over and above your normal living expenses due to your incapacity, so you do not have to include it in your a and e as excess income although you can if you want to.

Peter

Comment

Thank you i thought this was so nice to know someone is able to help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X