• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Template: Statutory Credit Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template: Statutory Credit Report

Why pay a subscription company, when a £2 Statutory Credit Report will do?

Experian Ltd
    Consumer Help Service
    PO Box 9000
    Nottingham
    NG80 7WP

[DATE]

Dear Sir/Madam

RE: Statutory Credit Report

Name: [YOUR NAME]
    DOB: [YOUR DOB]

Please send me my statutory credit report.

Yours Sincerely

[YOUR NAME]
    Enc. £2 fee
    Tags: None

Re: Template: Statutory Credit Report

It's well worth reminding people of this. They can get all three CRA's reports for less than the cost of the monthly subscription to any one of them.

It's also worth remembering there are times when requesting your credit report is the very last thing you should do.

Comment

I would like to know how long a default shoud stay on my credit file, i have 3 which are from over 6 years ago, does thios mean they are statute barred,as i am getting letters demanding payment and offering to reduce the amount if i pay it off, also have a ccj which i am being asked to pay
      Would appricate some being able to advise me.should the defaults have been taken off, but mainly are they statute barred,
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
        ....It's also worth remembering there are times when requesting your credit report is the very last thing you should do.
        Thanks, sorry can someone explain why?....also I have requested my Stat report from Experian and before they release it they are requesting copies of my passport driving license and two recent utility bills?...I did have some past previous unpleasantness back in 2007...I'm concerned about Tallyman et al

Comment

Sounds like you already know or suspect the answer on that.

Because in some cases requesting a report will create links between your previous details, addresses etc and your new ones. Collectors or creditors who subscribe to the various tracing and alert services from the CRAs could then get an alert with your new detail, or a routine check by them may pull them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
            Sounds like you already know or suspect the answer on that.

Because in some cases requesting a report will create links between your previous details, addresses etc and your new ones. Collectors or creditors who subscribe to the various tracing and alert services from the CRAs could then get an alert with your new detail, or a routine check by them may pull them up.
            Thanks Nibbler...yes I suspected something along those lines....got the details from Equifax and Callcredit without any request for further ID, only Experian (The Daddy) are asking for more info...had visions of my name and DOB raising a flag and them wanting more ID before releasing the dogs. Fortunately everything should be SB now as nearly 7years have passed so will be looking for various letters of attack to respond with. Am seeking a mortgage so need to clear the coast.

Comment

What is the advice on this then generally ?

I use Noddle right now and am working hard to get my whole credit file sorted and cleaned up in anticipation of a house move late next year/early 2017

I was going to write to all three (Experian/Call Credit/Equifax) with all three of my address' on the letter to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

Would this be unwise then ?

Comment

Possibly a useless bump as this is a sticky and my not get the attention of a bumped thread but just in case any advice on my point above would be welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by leonmc0708 View Post
                  Possibly a useless bump as this is a sticky and my not get the attention of a bumped thread but just in case any advice on my point above would be welcome.
                  A statute barred debt will remain on file for any remaining time left fot the default to be removed i.e. the balance remaining of the six years from the default date.
                  Checking Credit Files is not a hazard, if creditors want to find it's extremely easy to find anyone.

The debt collection agencies holding any accounts in a debtors name will be looking at credit files for any changes in financial status regularly anyway.

It's wise in your situation (looking to move/mortgage ) but it must be remembered that mortgage applications questionnaires are very intrusive and demand a great of information on credit history ( often up to 5 years). You will need to have credit accounts showing immaculate conduct over at least 3 years, not too many and not too few a "blank" credit file is as detrimental as a load of defaults. Missed and / or late payments are as bad as defaults.

Also the credit files are a small part of decision making for mortgage providers in the overall picture hence the questionnaires and in house credit " scoring " are the major part of the process.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by leonmc0708 View Post
                    What is the advice on this then generally ?

I use Noddle right now and am working hard to get my whole credit file sorted and cleaned up in anticipation of a house move late next year/early 2017

I was going to write to all three (Experian/Call Credit/Equifax) with all three of my address' on the letter to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

Would this be unwise then ?
                    If you are referring to Nibbler's post above, it all depends on whether you've got creditors who are not pursuing you at the moment and/or who haven't got your current address but who could start contacting you if they were alerted by your requesting a credit report.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                      If you are referring to Nibbler's post above, it all depends on whether you've got creditors who are not pursuing you at the moment and/or who haven't got your current address but who could start contacting you if they were alerted by your requesting a credit report.
                      All three of my addresses I have resided since I was 18 are linked on the Noddle credit file somehow as I moved a mobile phone bill with me from each of them to the other.

I do get sporadic letters from Lowell on the two they have but have and continue to resist their advances as I know they drop off in 6-8 months time from my credit file.

So would it help me to get the full written credit reports and check them out incase soemthign is not on Noddle do we think ??

Comment

[QUOTE=leonmc0708;578184]All three of my addresses I have resided since I was 18 are linked on the Noddle credit file somehow as I moved a mobile phone bill with me from each of them to the other.

I do get sporadic letters from Lowell on the two they have but have and continue to resist their advances as I know they drop off in 6-8 months time from my credit file.

Noddle just shows data handed down from call credit it's not " reported" to by creditors there's always a chance something can be missed, not all companies report to all three main agencies, your choice as to what you feel is best for you.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X