• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CASHflow DMP's News Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASHflow DMP's News Update

CASHflow has now taken another step forward to put it on an equal foot with the Common Financial Statement I have heard this morning via e-mail from the MAT.

Cashflow now appears in the OFT Debt Collection Guidance (Point 3.9c) and the Lending Code (point 211).

For anyone entering into self-managed DMP's, my advice would now be to go with CASHflow rather than even trying to get offers accepted from doing their own IE Sheets.

There is a member of the site licensed to sign off statements - contact Celestine and she'll put you in touch. Alternatively, a full list of licensed people can be found on the Cashflow site:

CASHflow - Login
    Tags: None

Re: CASHflow DMP's News Update

Originally posted by labman View Post
    CASHflow has now taken another step forward to put it on an equal foot with the Common Financial Statement I have heard this morning via e-mail from the MAT.

Cashflow now appears in the OFT Debt Collection Guidance (Point 3.9c) and the Lending Code (point 211).

For anyone entering into self-managed DMP's, my advice would now be to go with CASHflow rather than even trying to get offers accepted from doing their own IE Sheets.

There is a member of the site licensed to sign off statements - contact Celestine and she'll put you in touch. Alternatively, a full list of licensed people can be found on the Cashflow site:

CASHflow - Login
    Hi

And point 3.9 is ? i dont seem to have it on my copy but i think it is out of date.

Peter

Comment

The e-mail came through from Cashflow this morning, so its obviously only just been added.

Don't know if the internet version is updated yet, but I can assure you it has been added.

Comment

Yes, it's in the updated version on the net:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus.../OFT664Rev.pdf

Comment

Hi
          Cashflow helped me they were brilliant that was a couple of years ago now
          I might add the only crediter that did not want to know about Cashflow were CAP 1 and thats a very long story

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post

CASHflow - Login
            Hi

Cashflow is a good system and under used in my opinion, very interesting and significant that it is now mentioned in the OFT guidelines, creditors and collection agencies should take note.

As posted on another thread news on Assisted Self Help Debt Management imminent - early next week I hear

Will keep you posted

Comment

This is the section i presume, the top one, the protction of the lower one would not apply i dont think.

c. refusing to engage, appropriately or at all, with a third party representative, such as a debt adviser at a free advice centre or a debt management business, or with a debtor developing his own repayment plan,43 unless there is an objectively justifiable reason for doing so
              d. contacting debtors directly and bypassing their appointed representatives, without permission from the debtor or his representative, unless there is an objectively justifiable reason for doing so

Comment

Yes, and if you look at 43 at the bottom of the page, it specifically mentions Cashflow.

I haven't looked at the Lending Code reference yet, though I know Section Nine talks a lot about the CFS, so I presume it's mentioned in with that.

It's good news for anyone dealing with DMP's anyway, and another knock back for the institutions that put obstacles in the way for their own profiteering through interest and charges.

Comment

Hi

Prominent CAB Branch unveils new FREE online debt help tool & Assisted Self Help Debt Management Plan / Budgeting

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk

Early days they are saying

Comment

Early days, but I've now done five of these, and four have been 100% successful; the fifth has only been completed today, so we await the replies to repayment offers.

Very good indeed if you intend doing your own DMP.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X