• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

LOL - OK., guv'nor - I've got my homework. Never was any good at history, though, so I guess I better brace myself for some punishment !!!

Comment

Right--hotels

I'm committed as you know to Hilton-real central...

But with 3 Bichons & 2 GD's-we don't do holidays---more luxury weekends in nice hotels (like Danubius) last Meet----so we now like comfort-lol--Chester next then Edinburgh (unless Grumps puts us up-lol)

Surprised at Travel Lodge at around £170 for 2 nights---but I think marketing m
      eans you wait for the adverts at £20 night ?????---I think ???
      EDIT....see mse link from Maxie further down thread
      Holiday express £155

But links from Cyn much cheaper by far

Don't forget York has 5 Park and Rides + a University---so buses are a factor--every 7-10 mins everywhere-ish---so 2 miles out is nothing--absolutely nothing

York a walled city with all gates arched so no double deckers--so busses very civilised indeed

Parking overnight in York dear-so good options in (Fulford) say

Anyway----when you done a bit more research yourselves (with Cyn's links & your searches-if you got a shortlist-I will visit em on Thursday for you!!

Turbs
      Last edited by Turboman; 31st December 2011, 12:32:PM.

Comment

Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK

Looking forward to meeting you Monzter---

Originally posted by Monzter View Post
        Thanks for the pointer Turbs

I'm going to put my request on for that weekend off work and of course subject to it being granted then I'd love to come along. Sounds like you have a lot of fun on these things!!

I'm not all that far from York may come the Fri and stay over until Sat evening and then come home.

OOOOOOHHHHHH a holibob!! :tung: Yes, I do consider 1 night not in my own bed and further than 25 miles away a holiday lol

I think there are a couple of hostels in York I'm sure my sister has stayed at one when she went to a concert with a load of uni mates I'll ask her next time I see her
        -
        Last edited by Turboman; 30th December 2011, 20:05:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi Di

yep-pity we aint got anybody in Newport who could pick you up + Maxie in Northampton + Marshy in Stoke---the full PPI/PAG club in attendance--rofl

You got a new hairdo Dianne?

Turbs xx

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Sounds fab Turbo

Will have to work out the mileage from where I live. Cheers X

[

Comment

Di can borrow our motorhome - transport and hotel all rolled into one, and we're only 20 minutes away! lol

Comment

Uncertain if I'm allowed to post this link on here (So apologies in advance and please feel free to delete if not a good idea) lol but wondered if this would be of any help to peeps as the meet is in the spring period..??

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/dea...odge-discounts

I've only skimmed through it myself as yet but I'm gonna look into it shortly for myself.. Maybe you could help me Bill/Turbs find the deal I need and as local as poss.? (Walking distance if at all poss) as I'm only on my own (and scared) lol and have never booked owt like this before myself.. or indeed gone anywhere on my own... ''I've led a sheltered life''..LOL :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

I live in Lincolnshire and I'm unsure where everybody lives, but we will have room in the car if anybody would like a lift.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxie Girl View Post
                  Uncertain if I'm allowed to post this link on here (So apologies in advance and please feel free to delete if not a good idea) lol but wondered if this would be of any help to peeps as the meet is in the spring period..??

I've only skimmed through it myself as yet but I'm gonna look into it shortly for myself.. Maybe you could help me Bill/Turbs find the deal I need and as local as poss.? (Walking distance if at all poss) as I'm only on my own (and scared) lol and have never booked owt like this before myself.. or indeed gone anywhere on my own... ''I've led a sheltered life''..LOL :tinysmile_cry_t:
                  MSE links always welcome

I've planned most of my wedding with their wedding on a budget guide!!
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

If anyone wants a cheap single room for 1 night (sometimes hard in York) try here Bar Convent York North Yorkshire - Museum BB Accommodation Conference Facilities Cafe it's the oldest Convent in England, full of history and has good reviews right beside the entrance to the City at Micklegate Bar and opposite a Wetherspoons Pub!

Not sure if you have to behave like a Nun though??

Comment

Not entirely sure of our route yet but anyone from NW London we will be happy to accomate a lift for. (I am guessing M25/M11 other than that I don't really know)

Jax will hopefully come (when she responds to my text messages) so we will bring her as she lives 5 mins from us.

Comment

Maxie

see here
                        Travelodge - £12 Hotel Room Sale - Cheap hotels in the UK & Ireland

Friday £39 but Sat more expensive

How you getting there--Daughter bring you up just for the day might be option?

Others might think you joking re not been anywhere---me & Bill know the facts and with your new indepence-this would be a major step for you

WE will look after you---I'll see if I can broker a transport for you--Can you get to M1 service station? EDIT---just looked on map-Northamton is right next to M1

If all else fails-we'll ask Shell to bring her HGV-lol

Last edited by Turboman; 31st December 2011, 17:11:PM.

Comment

Hi Maxie,

I will be on my own too, maybe we could get the same hotel and I don't drive so I will need to be within walking/short bus ride away from where things are happening but not too far from the coach or train station (not too sure whether I'll be going by rail or coach yet - whatevers cheaper lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                            Maxie

see here
                            Travelodge - £12 Hotel Room Sale - Cheap hotels in the UK & Ireland

Friday £39 but Sat more expensive

How you getting there--Daughter bring you up just for the day might be option?

Others might think you joking re not been anywhere---me & Bill know the facts and with your new indepence-this would be a major step for you

WE will look after you---I'll see if I can broker a transport for you--Can you get to M1 service station? EDIT---just looked on map-Northamton is right next to M1

If all else fails-we'll ask Shell to bring her HGV-lol
                            Ohh, Most definitely NOT joking.. As you say Turbs, I'm treading very new pastures here on my own.. lol

My house is quite literally bang in the middle of juction 15 and 15a of the M1 Motorway.. can walk to it in 10 mins..

Daughter may be an option but cos she works at the hospital and is at colege too, it's difficult for her to get time off of work but we're still looking into those options as yet..

Monzter... I would luv to accompany you in the same hotel but can't say anything deffinite about my plans until I've worked out the cost of the entire stay to see if I can afford to go.. And therefore don't want to let anyone down by being too prosumptious at this early stage.. I most definitely want to come along and will do everything I can to make it this time.. Last time was a bit more difficult to arrange but this time.. I'm my own boss and have no-one else to answer to.. lol It's just down to travel and costs for me now..

Comment

Hey Maxie - I need to seriously work out costings too but I've got a bit of a saving plan lol and going to try and book my train tickets early so they're cheaper -I love travelling by train big kid that I am lol

Comment

Maxie
                                We are coming up from London, I just have to sort out the best route and if it is the M1 although we live just 2 minutes from the A1 at Apex Corner then I would be happy to meet you at either junction 15 or 15a we will be coming from junction 4 of the M1. We are going on Friday and staying to Sunday. Turbs informs me that the M1 is faster.

Ohh, Most definitely NOT joking.. As you say Turbs, I'm treading very new pastures here on my own.. lol

My house is quite literally bang in the middle of juction 15 and 15a of the M1 Motorway.. can walk to it in 10 mins..

Daughter may be an option but cos she works at the hospital and is at colege too, it's difficult for her to get time off of work but we're still looking into those options as yet..

Monzter... I would luv to accompany you in the same hotel but can't say anything deffinite about my plans until I've worked out the cost of the entire stay to see if I can afford to go.. And therefore don't want to let anyone down by being too prosumptious at this early stage.. I most definitely want to come along and will do everything I can to make it this time.. Last time was a bit more difficult to arrange but this time.. I'm my own boss and have no-one else to answer to.. lol It's just down to travel and costs for me now..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X