• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

computer built by insurance company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer built by insurance company

Hi L/B's
    Hope everyone has had a good christmas and a well deserved rest.
    I would like some advice please regarding a desktop pc that was accidently damaged. My insurance company has replaced it with a custom built model which they say is as good as the damaged one. Im not to sure. I contacted them with my complaint and they assure me it is as good as. I have all the specs of both damaged and replacement pc.
    If any one can help i would be very gratfull.
    With thanks
    gillwall
    Tags: None

Re: computer built by insurance company

Hi Gilwall

This is Personal Protection Insurance forum (for Loans & Credit Cards)

You need to raise the thread in the General Consumer Issues forum as below

General Consumer Issues - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Turbs

Comment

Let me know the specs and I'll see what they've done..
      Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit is very useful for the details..

Comment

Whoops!!! Sorry about posting on wrong forum.
        Thanks Curlybene, can I pm the specs to you, not sure how to add to forum.
        Many thanks
        gillwall

Comment

>Moved<

Here's the specs:

Originally posted by original
          • Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 425 2.7GHz
          • Memory: 3GB
          • HD Capacity: 500GB SATA
          • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7100
          • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
          • Optical Drive: DVD-SM
          • Main Specifications
          • Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 425 2.7GHz with 1.5MB L2 Cache
          • (ASPIRE Athlon II x2 2.7Ghz 215 replacement) Athlon II x2 3.0Ghz 250
          • Memory: 3GB DDR2
          • Hard Disk: 500GB SATA
          • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7100
          • Operating System: Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
          • Optical Drive: Super Multi DVD Rewriter drive
          • Communications
          • Gigabit Ethernet
          • Expansion Slots
          • PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (low-profile)
          • PCI Express 2.0 x1 slot
          • Ports
          • 9x USB 2.0 ports (5 front, 4 back)
          • Multi-in-one card reader
          • High-definition headphone and microphone jacks
          • IEEE 1394 port (4-pin)
          • PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports
          • Five audio ports
          • Ethernet (RJ-45) port
          • D-sub VGA port
          • HDMI port
          • eSATA port
          • Audio
          • Embedded high-definition audio with 5.1-channel audio support
          • Physical Specification
          • Physical Dimensions: 265mm high x 100mm wide x 352mm deep
          • Colour: Black

Originally posted by replacement
          • Spire Custom Built - AOPEN H450Y Case
          • Athlon II x2 3.0Ghz 250
          • Mini Tower
          • 4096mb RAM DDR3 1333mhz
          • 1000GB HDD Sata 7.2k RPM
          • CD/DVD-RW
          • 15 in 1 card reader ATI 3000 Graphics
          • ASUS M4A78LT-M LE motherboard with AMD 760G integrated graphics
          • 1GBIT Lan (built into motherboard)
          • 6 USB's with DVI output
          • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Close but the CPU/GPU combo is significantly different...

Comment

the window experience for your old and new machines,
            Hi
            still having a blond moment, how would i find this out.
            Many thanks
            gillwall

Comment

Also known as Windows Experience Index
              Found here: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools

What dod you do to the original machine that they built a new one for you ??

Comment

Hi curlyben,thanks for the info, got it now. As for the pc i knocked a hot cup of tea onto it, wasnt sure if i could claim, so contacted aviva they the directed me to ival. They collected the pc. and after inspection was told the damaged was to sever or to expensive to reapir, cant remember. Ival were unable to replace it, something to do with the specs, so they contacted a company named SPIRE, who have custom built the pc in question. I didnt have the old pc returned, when i questioned Ival I was told it had been disposed of.

Thank you
                gillwall

Comment

Did you spill the cup of tea over the tower unit or the keyboard? If it was just the keyboard then all you would have likely have jast needed a new keyboard, not a replacement PC with a lower CPU specs i.e. less processing power and older core processer. Which makes up the core of the PC's capability
                  Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Hi teaboy2
                    Thanks for the reply, the tea was spilt onto the unit during a furniture move around. I didnt switch the pc on wasnt sure if it would blow up or something. My initial step was to contact the insurers.
                    With thanks
                    gillwall

Comment

Hi L/Bs Just received this email from Ival with regards my complaint, and advice would be appreciated. I have also replied to the email which is beneath Ivals

Thank you for your email. I’ve actually got the Acer machine in front of me now and I can confirm the Athlon processor that is in it is a Dual Core Athlon II running at 2.7Ghz (215). They may well have done a few different models that might have had the triple core but this one is definitely a dual core. In regards to the graphics chip, your original unit was running the 8200/9200 chip (it doesn’t state on the motherboard exactly which one so I have based on the higher of the two 9200) which is integrated into the motherboard. The motherboard supplied in the Spire unit come with the ATI HD 3000 series integrated chips (760G) which is the AMD equivalent to the NVIDIA 9000 series. This covers all the specifications including core speeds and bus.
                      Link to the Acers original motherboard.
                      http://microdream.co.uk/acer-x1301-d...therboard.html
                      Link to the Spire replacements motherboard.
                      http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...specifications
                      I have also attached an image showing your original unit with no PCIe graphics card, proving this was not dedicated. The motherboard we have supplied comes with 1 PCIe port and 2 PCI ports, this leaves plenty of room for upgrades if you did want to put a dedicated card in the machine (I can get discount through Spire if you wanted me to get some prices for you).
                      I hope I have cleared up the specifications on the unit for you but as ever if you want to reply to this email feel free.

Best Regards

My reply

Good morning
                      Thank you for the quick reply, I am a little concerned with regards to the recent photograph of the p.c, during a recent telephone conversation regarding this complaint I was informed that the Acer pc had been disposed of. This conversation was apparently recorded. You now inform and suggest any concerns with regards my complaint unjust.
                      I supplied the specs and invoice I had with my Acer to you for reference at the start of my claim, are you saying these are not correct.
                      I do not accept your answere or evidence.
                      With thanks

Comment

Hi L/B's another reply to my email from Ival

Good morning

The majority of the unit has been disposed of. We still have the motherboard and chip set as when we originally spoke I saved this from salvage. The image I sent was taken in April (which can be checked on the dates in the properties of it). I have a copy of the receipt sent to us stored on this system, this doesn’t state any specifications just the model. The model that was tested matches the receipt and has the specifications as per my previous emails.
                        I believe the information I have sent to you proves the unit we supplied covers your original specifications. I am unsure how you would like me to continue with this claim as the unit was original accepted back in April and has since been used so we would not be able to accept this back. If you are still not happy with the replacement I may be able to speak to your insurance company about supplying an entry PCIe graphics card but this would need to be authorized by them. They are not obliged to do this though as I believe the replacement still covers all specifications.

Regards

Comment

Can you compare the specs, IE, CPU make, clock speed etc.
                          motherboard, make bus speed etc.
                          onboard memory, any extra RAM ( plus its speed.

You should be able to pull up your current pc details on screen ( Control panel > System, then go through your hardware, to compare it.

Comment

Thanks bazaar
                            I'll check it out.
                            thank you
                            gilwall

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X