• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Christmas past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas past

Just wonder what kids today would make of some of the presents that I remember getting from Santa and not that long ago lol
    Tags: None

Re: Christmas past

and there's more lol

Comment

HI
      Is that a dansette rcord player and a grundig reel to reel .

Dont suppose you remember these and probably very un PC these days

The johny Seven.

Could fire seven different pieces of coloured plastic about three feet, brilliant

Peter

Comment

I learnt to ride a bicycle because my tricycle, just like that one, gave way at the back wheels.

As for the Johny Seven, a friend of mine had one and I was soooooooooooooooooo jealous!

Comment

No I don't remember that weapon peter pmsl, would love one now though boy would I give some jip with that lol

I remember though when my lad was at playschool they banned all guns etc, hoping to make the kids a little less violent lol, they didn't take into account that they were smart enough to make anything they wanted out of Lego lol

Comment

HI

Yes the iconic toy for boys of the mid sixties together with the James Bond Aston martin From Corgi that had the ejector seat.
            Be worth a fortune now if i wo9ld have kept them

Peter

Comment

Did you have the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with the brake handle that made the wings come out as well?

Comment

Tiny Tears was my fave pressie

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

My BIg suster got one of yheese but she woild not let me pracyixe on it .

Petite Typewriter

Comment

Originally posted by peterbard View Post
                    My BIg suster got one of yheese but she woild not let me pracyixe on it .

Petite Typewriter

LOL Peter. You even removed your sig 'disclaimer,' so you could post this effectively. You've been sussed !!!

Great thread Enaid - guys.

Tell you what I remember... I used to get a huge pile of prezzies in a pillowcase at the foot of my bed. I used to feel just a slight 'twinge' of guilt when I saw the piccies of the 'traditional' Christmas stockings hanging from the mantlepiece - and all those poor kids got was a tangerine, a candy walking-stick, and...what else ? Humbug.

Now, all I ask for is a little Southern Comfort, a bit of support, and a bag of 'Olde English' boiled sweets.

Fills my stocking and floats my boat !!!

Comment

Yep I had the pillowcase too, but I would look through the window afore I touched anything just to see if this year he had brought me a

Comment

[quote=Bill-K;240596]LOL Peter. You even removed your sig 'disclaimer,' so you could post this effectively. You've been sussed !!!

Great thread Enaid - guys.

Tell you what I remember... I used to get a huge pile of prezzies in a pillowcase at the foot of my bed. I used to feel just a slight 'twinge' of guilt when I saw the piccies of the 'traditional' Christmas stockings hanging from the mantlepiece - and all those poor kids got was a tangerine, a candy walking-stick, and...what else ? Humbug.

Now, all I ask for is a little Southern Comfort, a bit of support, and a bag of 'Olde English' boiled sweets.

Fills my stocking and floats my boat !!![/]

Yes i used to wake up to the pillow case at the bottom of the bed, i think a lot of us did from that era , my theory is that the opening the present around the tree thing was a phenomena that came over from the states, or perhaps just the suthern jessies, we had no central heating up north , so it was nice to stay snug in bed and open your presies whylst your dad was down stairs scrunching up newspaper and firelighters in an attempt to get the fire going.

Yes i too love southern comfort , have you tried it in cold milk?

Peter
                        Last edited by peterbard; 24th December 2011, 09:51:AM.

Comment

Nice thread Di.

This has really got me thinking. Try as I might I can only remember getting just one present every crimbo. It was usually something we really wanted like a bicycle or a tape recorder. We were always so pleased. Christmas presents were handed out on christmas eve and on christmas day we had a huge family christmas dinner.(usually about 27 people). Here the women (and it was always the women) outdid themselves. In fact I can distinctly remember there was a suckling pig one year. We had the full traditional christmas dinner even though all us kids wanted to do was go to the beach as the temp outside was usually somewhere in the 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                            Yep I had the pillowcase too, but I would look through the window afore I touched anything just to see if this year he had brought me a
                            And they thought 'My Little Pony' was a new idea! No chance.

Comment

Hi

Just thinking about things i don't miss from christmas seasons long ago, anyone remember the "White heather Club" BRRRRR

Peter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X