• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW Group bailiff problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JBW Group bailiff problems

Had you any 'scrubbers' in mind? :rofl:

Comment

I could suggest a couple!:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
        I could suggest a couple!:tinysmile_aha_t:
        Who?

Anyone we know?

Comment

More than my life's worth! :rip2:

Anyway, I know so many!

Comment

Hi All,

Merry Christmas!

I apologise I have not been able to do anything with this due to Christmas and travelling etc, but I will pick it up now and going to call the courts immediately. If it turns out that the bailiff's employer records were incorrect at the time he tried to collect it renders the whole operation invalid in my eyes and I will complain to both TFL and JBW until I get a response.

I will call the courts now and get back to you straight away.

Kind regards,
            Fred

Comment

Also complain to JBW's 'profeesional' association - they belong to ACEA and CIVEA. If you google these two you'll find their websites, click on the complaints tab and you're away. :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Hi Labman,

I hope you had some time off over the Christmas period

I have just called the courts and got to speak to a really lovely lady (doesn't happen all too often anymore) who informed me that the Bailiff is indeed showing as working for Newlyn PLC. She also explained to me that the bailiff may have been within his rights to enforce with his current certificate IF the debt was passed on from Newlyns PLC to JBW Group. She also gave me an email address to Watford county court and said I should email them: enquieries@watford.countycourt.gsi.gov.uk. The case would then be put forward to a circuit judge.

The next thing I did was to call JBW Group to ask whether the debt had been passed on from Newlyns (crossing my fingers at this point). The customer service man said: The debt was instructed by TFL directly. I also explained to him that the bailiff they hired shows as working for Newlyns and not JBW. He replied: Get legal advice and hung up on me :tinysmile_aha_t:

Based on what the court services have told me, this whole operation is a complete scam. It seems that I am well within my rights to get my money back + compensation if I choose to go that route. I now have multiple options I can use.

Which option should I exhaust first? TFL, ACEA / CIVEA, JBW or the courts?

Kind regards,

Comment

TFL and/or the courts.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that complaining to JBW's "professional" associations would be a waste of time and effort; as far as I know, they have no power to enforce the payment of compensation and the best you might get if you are remarkably lucky would be a paltry and weak attempt at an apology.

As for bailiffs ever being 'professional', I would be more likely to accept professional status from a common whore.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    As for bailiffs ever being 'professional', I would be more likely to accept professional status from a common whore.
                    I am sure this comparison is intended as an insult, i am unsure however to which party it is directed.

Peter

Comment

Thanks CleverClogs,

I will now start to prepare emails / letters for the individual parties.

Peter: I believe it was intended as an insult and to be honest, the way CleverClogs put it was mild compared to how I would have described it

Kind regards,
                      Fred

Comment

Originally posted by peterbard View Post
                        I am sure this comparison is intended as an insult, i am unsure however to which party it is directed.
                        Thank you for asking for clarification.

I do not regard either occupation as being a profession, but I am inclined to believe that even the lowest and most thoroughly clap-ridden sex worker is more honourable than the average bailiff.

Comment

Originally posted by fchristensen View Post
                          She also gave me an email address to Watford county court and said I should email them: enquieries@watford.countycourt.gsi.gov.uk. The case would then be put forward to a circuit judge.

The next thing I did was to call JBW Group to ask whether the debt had been passed on from Newlyns (crossing my fingers at this point). The customer service man said: The debt was instructed by TFL directly. I also explained to him that the bailiff they hired shows as working for Newlyns and not JBW. He replied: Get legal advice and hung up on me :tinysmile_aha_t:

Based on what the court services have told me, this whole operation is a complete scam. It seems that I am well within my rights to get my money back + compensation if I choose to go that route. I now have multiple options I can use.
                          Until you get the relevant answer from Watford you can do no more - although getting the letters ready for sending in case they confirm Newlyns will certainly do no harm.

Comment

When you e-mail them, ensure you confirm that on the basis of your e-mail alone it will go before a ciruit judge, as I was under the possibly mistaken impression that these things only went in front of a judge after a formal complaint, usually by way of a Form 4 complaint - hopefully I'm wrong!

Comment

I have now sent an email to the courts asking them to verify which employer mr Gruesome was working for when he came to enforce. I also asked for some general information around what the law states in regards to enforcing with an invalid certificate, so we will see what they come back with.

As soon as I get some info back i'll let you know.

Thanks & Happy New Year!

Fred

Comment

Hi All,

Still haven't heard anything back from the court. I'll give it another couple of days then follow up.

Will let you know once I hear something.

Kind regards,
                                Fred

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X