• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CL Finance and ex-Partner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL Finance and ex-Partner

:tinysmile_cry_t:I really hope someone can help me.

I have received dozens of letters from CL Finance regarding a debt belonging to my ex partner. First I should say that we split up in October 2002 and he promised that he would contact all of the companies he owed money to and give them new contact details. This he has NOT done and as a result for the last 9 years I have received letters and phone calls from his creditors. I have told them he no longer lives at my address and referred them to his Mother's address the only company that has not done that is CL Finance. I have now received yet another letter from them which tells me they will take legal action is this debt is not paid within 7 days. They didn't include a phone number so I am not able to contact them, I also feel that for the last 9 years I have returned the letters with either moved or no longer at this address on them. What do I do next as I have no contact details for my ex partner and his mother has moved and I do not have a new address for her.

Please help as I am at the end of my tether.
    Tags: None

Re: CL Finance and ex-Partner

1st of all if it's not your debt then they can do nothing to you.
    If no payments have been made for 6 years from today's date then the debts would be stat barred anyway.
    CL are just chancing their arm & desperate for a bit of Xmas bonus money.
    Ignore these clowns completely - do not speak to them on phone & refuse to answer security questions if they phone you.
    If they carry on harassing you then report them to the OFT & trading standards.

Comment

Originally posted by judidw View Post
      :tinysmile_cry_t:I really hope someone can help me.

I have received dozens of letters from CL Finance regarding a debt belonging to my ex partner. First I should say that we split up in October 2002 and he promised that he would contact all of the companies he owed money to and give them new contact details. This he has NOT done and as a result for the last 9 years I have received letters and phone calls from his creditors. I have told them he no longer lives at my address and referred them to his Mother's address the only company that has not done that is CL Finance. I have now received yet another letter from them which tells me they will take legal action is this debt is not paid within 7 days. They didn't include a phone number so I am not able to contact them, I also feel that for the last 9 years I have returned the letters with either moved or no longer at this address on them. What do I do next as I have no contact details for my ex partner and his mother has moved and I do not have a new address for her.

Please help as I am at the end of my tether.
      They are just chancing it and work on intimidation. The debt us nothing to do with you, so don't even get involved with them. If they write or call again, email a complaint to as many bodies as possible, as advised already in this thread. Don't forget to include your local MP, often overlooked, but a potentially powerful ally in such matters.
      Thanks!

Debtisbad

Comment

You can actually send them yo them a harrassment letter. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...read.php?t=286

When sending a harrassment letter just adjust it to suit your circumstances ie THIS IS NOT YOUR DEBT. They are not allowed to harrass you.

Whatever you do do not speak to them on the phone.

Whatever you do, do not accept any responsibilty for this debt and make this clear in the letter that the debt is nothing to do with you and that they are breaking the Data Protection Act by speaking to you and if they contact you again you will report this matter to the ICO and they will get into loads of trouble.

I promise you that once the harrassment letter is sent they will or should not bother you again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X