• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

more than 1 debt collection agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more than 1 debt collection agency

Hi hope someone can help me, I had a debt with talktalk which I paid off monthly through buchanan clark and wells by direct debit and I finished paying that in august. Now I have had a letter from fredrickson international saying o owe them as well on behalf of talk talk but I have all ready paid it through buchanan clark and wells. As the debit was paid off I have shredded the letters all I have is myu bank statements provoing I paid buchanan to that amount but there is no reference number. I have rang fredrickson and they say that they need proof I have rang talk talk and they have no record of buchanan and they passed it to fredrickson. I don't know where to go from here any help please I am panicking incase I have to go to court but I have already paid the 250 pounds. Xx
    Tags: None

Re: more than 1 debt collection agency

It is not for you to prove you don't owe the debt, it is for them to prove you do. Send them this:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR 2008) and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment. I would also remind you, that I/we are aware of the 'MALG' Guidance/Code that you should comply with.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.
    Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X