• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hsbc or dg solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hsbc or dg solicitors

Dear All

Can someone please advice me thnaks.

I had a cc and loan and cuurent accoun that i defaulted on with hsbc in 2009 due to financial difficulties. I have recieved a letter from dg solicitors asking for full payment or be put on a affordable repayment plan. Does this mean HSBC has sold my debt to dg solicitors and I know longer have to deal with HSBC anymore???? thanks
    Tags: None

Re: hsbc or dg solicitors

DG are HSBC's inhouse solicitors, so you are still dealing with the same company, albeit under a different name.

Comment

Hi - just read this thread and am in a similar situation...currently in DMP with Baines & Ernst whom have been dealing with my creditors...one of which is Metropolitan CS, very year I have a financial review and because of the fee for this the payments to my creditors are reduced for one month. ...all creditors but Metropolitan are usually happy/accept this and every year after the review, metropolitan pester me with phone calls and threatening letters which I pass on to B&E and after a month or so I receive a letter from metropolitan saying they've accepted the payment plan.

This year is different...I have the review and subsequently get the phone calls and letters from metropolitan which are passed on etc etc but instead of an acceptance letter I've now received a letter from metropolitan CS saying that they've passed my account on to DG Solicitors who will contact me in the next 7 days..my question/worry is that despite passing the letters on to B&E (dmp people) and calling them to ask if everything is alright (to which they say metropolitan have been contacted and dealt with etc), does this mean I am about to be persued for more money,taken to court etc etc or have they simply just passed the debt on to another DCA?

Would very much appreciate some info/advice

Stav

Comment

HI
        They really arnt supposed to bypass your authorised agent, read this it is MBNA but the same principle applies

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A7...iness-11991536

Peter

Comment

Peter is right - they are not supposed to by-pass the third party agent. I would actually go a step further than he has and say it can actually be extremely dangerous for them to do so, particularly where the third party is acting from someone vulnerable.

I think your DMP provider should be raising this as an issue with them. They are not above the law.

Comment

Thanks guys - v much appreciated....this has been stressing me out somewhat...what I can't understand is that I believe DG Solicitors and MCS are both effectively under the reins of HSBC and why would they pass my debt between them if they are effectively one and same...all I can think of is that they believe the use of the "solicitors" in the name will instilled some unease (well, it's worked lol)

Comment

Hi Stav1538
              i know this is an old post, but do you still have that letter from DG? It's very important!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X