• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Any ideas. ?? Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas. ?? Please

Hi there,
    I'm new to this site, have had a good look around but so far not seen anyone else with my particular problem. ............

We employed the services of ********** & partners for a specific task,
    which they did back in 2008
    The firm was run by one man........???? the partner could be his wife. Not sure
    We agreed on a price for the job.
    After 3 months we recieved an invoice for more or less the full amount.
    This was mentioned when we paid the bill, even though the job was not quite finished.
    We were assured no more invoices would be sent.
    6 months later we received an invoice for a 4 figure sum.
    We were shocked to say the least.
    Another phone call to the office, the man said to forget it , it was an office error.
    So we forgot it.

Today we learn that man died 18 months after our last telephone conversation.

15 months after that man died , we have recieved from a debt agency a demand for the 4 figure sum, plus interest etc etc etc.

This business man was not so good at putting things on paper , and those he did were quite scant in detail.

So where do we go from here. ????

All ideas welcome.
    Tags: None

Re: Any ideas. ?? Please

Asking the obvious the first, I assume you've tried to find the partner and not had any success.

I guess the next stage after this is to write to the DCA (who are they?) asking for proof of the debt. Who instructed the DCA? They would be good people to contact.

Comment

Re: Any ideas. ?? Please

Thanks for your ideas Labman,

Have consulted a legal eagle friend today who says we must not go searching ourselves.

We have to err on the side of caution, we may say something we should not.

So letters are being prepared asking who & why.

Again........ many thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X