• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cpa problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpa problems

I had a citi credit card with a cpa on it paid yearly. I closed the credit card as i was not using it. The card account was transfered to Opus who then closed the account again as i was not using it. Opus then accepted an CPA onto the account. I was not aware that i had an account with Opus, until i recived a statement from Opus with a late payment fee attached. I asked Opus to investigate. As account was closed no paperwork was forth-coming from Citi or Opus. After a 10 month fight to get everything out of Opus their paperwork states that if you have a CPA on your account that YOU must tell the merchant of the new number! ( how can i tell them the number,i when i did not have an account, let alone the new account number?). Opus kept on adding late payment fees to the account despite letters between me and them. Opus have now sold the debt to another company and now i am fighting it all over again. This all started in Feb 2011 when i 1st reciced the letter from Opus. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: cpa problems

Surely your best route here is unenforceability or fraud. How can someone open an account in your name without your permission, when you have proof that the alleged account had been closed?

I would have thought what they have done is criminal, but if not, then how are they going to produce a true signed copy of the original agreement with your signature on it when you never signed anything?

Comment

Re: cpa problems

Opus have stated that I am liable for the cpa. Although their T &C show otherwise ! Despite pointing this out to Opus, Opus just passed the buck to 1st Credit who have now sent me an "in house solicitors letter" which said they may commence legal procedings. I told them they should look at the correspondence i have had with Opus. Their reply was " your query has been passed to Opus" we await respone from Opus ! This letter arrived today 2/12/11.
      Last edited by niggleman; 5th December 2011, 19:35:PM. Reason: Extra note needed for clarifaction

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X