• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA produced after 12 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCA produced after 12 months

I don't think they supplied them with my SAR, the ones I received are from sainsburys and Cabot...but I have no idea whether they are from inception and default or not as they are just printed on A4 paper, sure i read somewhere that they would have to produce actual copies of the original documents if they take court action?

Comment

Originally posted by Duffers Mum View Post
      I don't think they supplied them with my SAR, the ones I received are from sainsburys and Cabot...but I have no idea whether they are from inception and default or not as they are just printed on A4 paper, sure i read somewhere that they would have to produce actual copies of the original documents if they take court action?
      If they took court action you'd request a copy of documents referred to on the particulars of claim under CPR31.14 and see what they reply with. Ideally we want to stave off court action.

As you have sent a fresh CCA request, let's see what they reply with. Post up their reply as soon as you get it, the devil is often in the detail.

Comment

Will do..I expect them to come back and say that Cabot say they they have already complied!

Comment

Will do..I expect them to come back and say that Cabot say they they have already complied!
          No, that's not a valid response, unless you had sent a CCA request less than 30 days ago.

Comment

I have just said to Marlin that my Cca Request is not fulfilled..should I have sent another official one with £1 fee? Sorry for all the questions!

Comment

I have just said to Marlin that my Cca Request is not fulfilled..should I have sent another official one with £1 fee? Sorry for all the questions!
              I think I got a little confused, I thought you were sending a new CCA request as per your post:
              Will have another look tomorrow amd if I can't find it will send another off on Monday..I never actually understood what I was supposed to be looking forward in all the stuff they sent though!
              Up to you whether you want to send a new one and see what they come up with this time, or you may want to wait till they next contact you. You haven't received any solicitors letters, have you?
              Last edited by FlamingParrot; 21st February 2015, 16:24:PM. Reason: typo :(

Comment

I will wait and see what they come back with. Have only received letter from Marlin so far. I'm kind of resigned to the fact that this will go to court now. It's been hanging around since 2007, can't believe they haven't done anything yet, saying that it's a large balance so sure they won't let it go.

Comment

I will wait and see what they come back with. Have only received letter from Marlin so far. I'm kind of resigned to the fact that this will go to court now. It's been hanging around since 2007, can't believe they haven't done anything yet, saying that it's a large balance so sure they won't let it go.
                  Do post up as soon as you hear from Marlin or anyone else and we'll sort out a reply for you. :typing:

Comment

Had a reply from Marlin who are now called Cabot financial (marlin) ltd apparently.

they advised they are managing the account on behalf of Cabot financial and do not hold details of the account history. So they, Cabot financial are reverting to Cabot financial for the details.

sound pretty organised don't they?

Account on hold until they get the information.

how on earth can you manage an account and send someone aggressive and threatening letters when you don't even know the background of the account? Is this worth reporting to any of the statutory authorities?

Comment

Received a letter from Cabot Marlin today saying they are unable to resolve my request for a copy of my CCA and are therefore closing my account and I will not hear anything further from them..they were acting on behalf of Cabot Financial so should I take that to mean that Cabot in general will not be bothering me anymore?

Comment

hip hip!!! hooorayyyyyyyyyyyy keep that letter safe!

Comment

Well Done!!

nem

Comment

:goodjob:
                            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

...............another one gone, another one gone, another one bites the dust!................

Nice one!
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                                Quite so.

Cabot know this but as ever it does seem to stop them from misleading the consumer...

Naughty Cabot!
                                But it seems vintage Cabot!

- - - Updated - - -

Received a letter from Cabot Marlin today saying they are unable to resolve my request for a copy of my CCA and are therefore closing my account and I will not hear anything further from them..they were acting on behalf of Cabot Financial so should I take that to mean that Cabot in general will not be bothering me anymore?
                                Cabot with 75% of CCJ claims undefended believe there are many more "fish in the sea" to be harvested

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X