• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Protect You Bubble mobile phone insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protect You Bubble mobile phone insurance

Hi all, I have just registered because a friend of mine recommended I do so after hearing my current insurance issue!

I hope none of you mind me posting here and if anyone has any advice on my situation I would be incredibly grateful.

I bought mobile phone insurance from Protect Your Bubble in April 2011. My phone was stolen about three weeks ago so I made a claim on that policy. A reply cam back from Supercover Insurance saying that due to exclusion clause 1, point 6 - not covered for theft or loss if the gadget is left unattended - that they would not pay out. I phoned them asking them to qualify what unattended meant (thinking it was pretty vague) and they said it was because it was out of arms reach. I appealed by email stating that the phone was not out of arms reach (proving this with specific measurements) and that I only looked away for 3 seconds when the phone was taken. They responded saying that I did not take proper care and it should have been concealed on my person. It's the first I've heard of it being concealed on your person - how the hell are you supposed to actually use the thing!!?? The issue has escalated to the customer relations department which they say are the underwriters of the insurance company, going by the name of UK General. Is it normal to be passed around to 3 different companies?

Can anyone shine any light on this? Am I in with any chance of getting a phone anytime soon? Has anyone had the same problem with this company and how did it resolve?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
    Tags: None

Re: Protect You Bubble mobile phone insurance

We need more information about the circumstances of the theft and whether you reported this to the police with a crime reference number?

They work as an intermediary so yes to 3 different companies. I would add with regards to being unattended that my phone when I am outside of the house is usually in my pocket or if being used it is usually in my hand and therefore not unattended.

There definition from their website says this:

"Unattended - not within your sight at all times and out of your arms-length reach" so for that 3 seconds it was not within your sight. More info on the theft is necessary to be honest because from what you have written, it appears to have been out of your line of sight and therefore unattended. Did the police investigate the theft?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X