• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

county court judgement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• county court judgement

Hi can anyone help me
    I left the UK in 2004 and had a few debit i tried to pay them off from abrload but it became quite hard to do this and i eventully left them i returned in 2009 and i paid off a debit of around 3,000 anyway iv never heard anything since and thought all was well however today i had a credit check run and find i have a county court judgement issued in 2007 for 11,000 i dont know what its for or who i am supposed to owe it to as iv not seen the credit check it was run by an estate agents i dont know what to do or who to turn to i have not got this sort of money to pay it off what should i do any help would be gratefully received thanks
    Tags: None

Re: county court judgement

Hi and welcome KrissKross

I am assuming as you said you have not seen your credit check, that it was the estate agent that told you, what your credit report said, is that right?

If this is right then the first thing you need to do is get copies of your credit reports from all 3 CRA's (Credit Reference Agencies)

Equifax
    Experian
    Call Credit

Unless you know which one of these the estate agent used, in which case you will only need that one

You can get them online or by post and it costs £2 for each of them

Some do offer your credit report for free for the first month, but I think you have to sign up to them for a monthly fee then just cancel it before the 1st month is up and the first fee is taken

Then once you get your report back you will be able to see who has registered the default for £11k against you then we can start to look at that alleged debt, and see if the default can be removed

Comment

Hi Gorden
      Thanks for you quick response your are right in thinking that the estate agent told me however iv checked my papers at home and my hubby also paid off a debit for 11,000 in 2009 which i had forgotten he had done iv a feeling that this is the same debit is this possible? would it still show in my credit report seems a bit suspect. if it is i have the paperwork to prove its been paid in full then i would have to try getting it removed or is that not possible with a ccj ? once again thankyou

Comment

If it had been defaulted, a default stays on your credit file for 6 years. It's quite possible therefore that it would still be on there, but should be marked as settled. Worth getting your credit files just to be sure, as the Estate agent obviously thought the money was still owing, so you need to check.

Comment

Thanks for the advice how should i go about getting the files

Comment

Thanks for the advice how should i go about getting the files
            Equifax here
            http://www.equifax.co.uk/?gclid=CMHa...FSEhtAodoGT5Mg

Experian here
            http://www.experian.co.uk/experianhome/?sc=410006

Call Credit here
            http://www.callcredit.co.uk/stat-rep...aq_name=2pound

Each one costs the statutary £2

Hope this helps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X