• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Mortgage shortfall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Mortgage shortfall

Hi can anyone please help us we are on income support wife gets full DLA and we are been chased by DCA (DMS-Capital Recoveries) for more money. We currently pay £30 a month on the 17 year old Halifax Mortgage shortfall of £14,200, we were paying £10 a month token payment and they put it up to £20 then £30 and now want to "review" our situation again.
    My wife's DLA is been used to pay them and we think that this should not be counted in our income are we correct?
    We have done a Income and expenditure form for ourselves which they want but we have not sent it yet as we are unsure of the totals we have entered, such as care costs, do we have to detail her personal information in this way? At the moment we are about £20 a week in short covering our costs/bills but very unsure of what we can put down as expense as this is how they increased our payment last time as I had put, child pocket money at £5 a week. Please help as we went to CAB a year ago and they were no help and basically told me that £10 a month is not much just pay them.
    Please help us this is not helping my wife's poor health nor my sanity!
    Thank you.
    Last edited by TRUFFLE; 29th November 2011, 11:07:AM. Reason: to put please in
    Tags: None

Re: Help with Mortgage shortfall

Can I suggest strongly that if you are doing your own I&E form you complete a CASHflow form and get it signed off by a licensed person (I believe Celestine on site team knows someone licensed to do them) - this means it should be viewed in the same light as a Common Financial Statement completed through someone like the CAB and would lend a lot of weight to your case.

Comment

Hi first of all what is CASHflow form and why would it help? Thanks.

Comment

CASHflow - Login

Also have a look under The Money Advice Trust Site.

The benefit was mentioned - it would give your I&E the same weight as a CFS.

Comment

Thanks for the links, can I reduce my monthly payment to the DCA back down to £10 a month because we are struggling to buy my wife's care products. It seems the DCA have no power, or am I wrong?

Comment

If the CAB completed a CFS with you, they should have acted in your best interests, but every organisation has customers who are not satisfied.

If you do the CASHflow or get a CFS done by someone who can genuinely help you in your situation, they should discuss everything entered on the form with you.

As far as DLA goes (and Care Allowance if you receive it), this should be entered as income on one side and expenditure on the other. It should not be broken down in any way whatsoever, just put down as a lump sum.

I think I said earlier if you contact Celestine in the site team she knows an organisation that will be able to help you with this.

Comment

Thank you very much I will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by TRUFFLE View Post
                Hi can anyone please help us we are on income support wife gets full DLA and we are been chased by DCA (DMS-Capital Recoveries) for more money. We currently pay £30 a month on the 17 year old Halifax Mortgage shortfall of £14,200, we were paying £10 a month token payment and they put it up to £20 then £30 and now want to "review" our situation again.
                My wife's DLA is been used to pay them and we think that this should not be counted in our income are we correct?
                We have done a Income and expenditure form for ourselves which they want but we have not sent it yet as we are unsure of the totals we have entered, such as care costs, do we have to detail her personal information in this way? At the moment we are about £20 a week in short covering our costs/bills but very unsure of what we can put down as expense as this is how they increased our payment last time as I had put, child pocket money at £5 a week. Please help as we went to CAB a year ago and they were no help and basically told me that £10 a month is not much just pay them.
                Please help us this is not helping my wife's poor health nor my sanity!
                Thank you.
                Firstly, can I say how sorry I am to hear about your plight!

It may be helpful, if you could relate the circumstances that led up to the repossession of your home in or around 1994.
                How was the property sold?
                And by what firm?

Re: your sensitive medical (data) information, you do not have to reveal this to the firm. The firm involved should know that, as per the Data Protection Act 1998!

Your income & expenditure form should list your priority debts e.g:
                http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...bs-monthly.pdf

Just enter the correct amount you pay under prescriptions and health costs.
                Last edited by Angry Cat; 29th November 2011, 23:22:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hello thank you for your reply,
                  my wife had an accident at work in 1992 leaving here unable to work and in a lot of pain after a year the insurance on the mortgage ran out and then I was made redundant with no redundancy money. We were not told that the DSS would pay the mortgage interest, yes we were young an naive, my wife by then was in a mess and we were in and out of hospitals etc. and the house was the least of our worry's. We know the property was sold a aution for half of its value but we don't know who. Since then we have scrimped by on income support/incapacity as I have had to care for my wife we were told way back that we could not afford to go bankrupt by the Barnsley CAB and made various dbet collectors go away. Over the years my wife's DLA has risen to the highest amount and I have received Carer's too so the collectors obviously want some of that. The local CAB last year told me they only want £10 a month it's not much you must pay them, not very helpful at all and I knew that was there foot in the door and it doubled and then now it's at thirty (feb2011) and now they want a review. We are absolutely fed up with the rubbish advice over the years and the feeling that we have done wrong. All this is not good for my wife's condition and it's not good for the stress level for me too. Again thank you.

Comment

Thank you to everyone I have been on the phone this afternoon to http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/
                    for well over an hour and they confirm that no one can touch the Disability Living Allowance but they can take Carer's Allowance as income. Also they have advised me to go down the DRO and my wife to go Bankrupt as I only owe for the mortgage which is under £15k but she owes for a few cards in her name which take her over. Anyway the only way is up and after all these years we can finally put the past behind us and tell the debt collection agencies where to go for good! On that note if anyone out there is worrying about Debt collectors they have zero power please don't worry like we have for years on end just ring the National debt helpline and they will sort you out, thank you and goodbye it's cash all the way from here until I depart this world!!! Happy days.

Comment

It's now Friday the 13th and my wife has just had her phone interview with the Official Receivers office and we are now totally in the clear from our debts! My Debt Relief Order was a piece of cake as my only income was Carer's Allowance and I owed just for the shortfall under £15k so it took two days in the end 8th February.
                      My wife's bankruptcy was straight forward as she just gets Inc. Supp. and DLA but it was just a little more nerve - racky due to court etc. Although she never even saw the Judge it was the fact of someone combing over your bank accounts, credit card statements for two weeks, wondering if we'd done something untoward or not. In the end the O.R was human and there was totally nothing to stress about! At last we can now move on in our life.............and again CASH only from here on!
                      Thank you again!

Comment

Wonderful news hun!

cant wait to hear of your wifes continued health improvements

Comment

Truffle that's great news am really pleased for you both and thanks for the update, it may just help others in same situation see happing endings can happen.
                          Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X