• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Go Debt Advice Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Debt Advice Needed

We are having terrible trouble with go debt!

They took us to court, we couldn't attend so the court automatically issued a ccj. Our debt was 5700 and by the time they took us to court they wanted 14000!

We had been paying the debt at an initial 500 and 110 a month, but after 6 months they wanted to up the payments and we just couldn't do it.We only have to pay 20 a month but we keep getting letters saying that they are charging another 100 for default sums.

I just don't know what to do, its just to much. We did go to the cab ad they put us in contact with a solicitor, they said the contract was flawed but they couldn't help us as the laws have changed and we are not entitled to legal aid to challenge a financial matter.

Please can someone give us some advise cause the stress is ripping my family apart.
    Tags: None

Re: GO DEBT Screwed

On what grounds are the agreement flawed?

Comment

Originally posted by Sally-Butler View Post
      They took us to court, we couldn't attend so the court automatically issued a ccj. Our debt was 5700 and by the time they took us to court they wanted 14000!
      When a court claim is issued, there is paperwork that needs to be filed which forms part of the court process. If it is not filed, then a judgment is automatic, but it is not dependent on non attendance.

So what did the judgment say? Did it order you to pay installments or was it a forthwith judgment?

Comment

Originally posted by Sally-Butler View Post
        We are having terrible trouble with go debt!

We had been paying the debt at an initial 500 and 110 a month, but after 6 months they wanted to up the payments and we just couldn't do it.We only have to pay 20 a month but we keep getting letters saying that they are charging another 100 for default sums.

I just don't know what to do, its just to much. We did go to the cab ad they put us in contact with a solicitor, they said the contract was flawed but they couldn't help us as the laws have changed and we are not entitled to legal aid to challenge a financial matter.

Please can someone give us some advise cause the stress is ripping my family apart.

Greedy fleecers!!!!!!!
        You pay the amount you owe - nothing more/nothing less and based on what your income and expenditure is. - if that be £1 per month then so be it.
        I would go back to what ever court issued this CCJ and try to get this sorted out proper/decide on a proper amount to repay with that court as it sounds to me like this didn't happen - sounds to me like they just ruled in Go Debt's favour and that has given Go Debt the delusion to think they can treat you how they want.
        Report Go Debt to the OFT and trading standards also and better still, try getting a refund off them for the extra charges which they had no legal right to apply.
        (Oh and CAB don't know their ar*e from elbow)

Comment

Originally posted by mr.ton View Post
          Greedy fleecers!!!!!!!
          You pay the amount you owe - nothing more/nothing less and based on what your income and expenditure is. - if that be £1 per month then so be it.
          No, you pay what you are ordered to pay as per the judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
            No, you pay what you are ordered to pay as per the judgment.
            No - the court should have went through a proper i & e and decided on an amount to repay that way - sounds like that didn't happen here?

Comment

How could this have happened when the OP did not turn up?

Comment

Re: Go Debt Advice Needed

That's why i have suggested they go back to whatever court issued the CCJ and get it sorted out properly based on what they can afford etc...
                They can also complain about the conduct of Go Debt whilst there.

Comment

Again, how is this possible without knowing what was ordered in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                    Again, how is this possible without knowing what was ordered in the first place?
                    At the risk of repeating one self....that's why i have suggested they go back to what ever court issued it and find everything out properly and what legal rights/protections they have etc...

Comment

For the love of God...

Comment

OK we are going round in circles to the OP's detriment, clearly she needs to take this back to court to get redetermination of the amount to pay.

Shall we just give her an a,b,c of how to achieve that?

:beagle:
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

At the moment we can only speculate - we need Sally to come back here and fill us all in with more specific information - all we have had so far is about the trouble it's causing the family and what a nuisance Go Debt are.
                          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                          Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                          OK we are going round in circles to the OP's detriment, clearly she needs to take this back to court to get redetermination of the amount to pay.
                          That's what i was saying but Amy somehow could not understand that......
                          Last edited by mr.ton; 17th November 2011, 21:59:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sally, did you defend the claim at all? Did you file a defence?

Can you post up their Particulars Of Claim and your Defence if it exists?

Can you also post up any court orders you have.

An exact timeline of events would be super useful also xxx
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

In what world does post 3 come after post 4?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X