• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Thretened with Court/Bailiffs for Parking Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thretened with Court/Bailiffs for Parking Fine

Hello

Hope someone can help me, I received a parking fine in the post - luckily I had kept hold of the ticket but was hopping mad as they waited over 2 weeks to send the letter - how many people hang on to parking tickets for that duration of time?? Anyway as the company was Parking Eye I decided to ignore. I've received various threatening letters since and today I received one from Graham White Solicitors acting on behalf of Parking Eye. The letter had NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION and it includes a breakdown of the costs of going to county court. Am I still to carry on ignoring the letters or shoud I write enclosing a copy of the ticket? I am somewhat loathe to corresponding with them as I think they're a pretty despicable bunch.
    Tags: None

Re: Thretened with Court/Bailiffs for Parking Fine

I don't know what I would do in your situation, but as long as you are sure it was a private parking company all advice seems to state you continue to ignore.

They can ultimately resort to court procedures, but their defence would have to be that you had agreed to their Terms and Conditions. A contract is a two way process and cannot be imposed on someone, so this is your defence.

I believe that is how the argument goes. Assuming they don't have a leg to stand on, one has to assume it's worth their while sending threatening letters as sufficient people pay up at this stage for the cost of a solicitor's letter.

The following was from another website:
    If you want some fun send a photocopy of the paperwork to the BPA along with mentioning that Parking Eye (who are member of the Approved Operator Scheme) are operating well outside the BPA rules. Ask the BPA if parking eye received and responded to the the BPA note TICKETING, LIABILITY AND ESCALATION OF EXCESS PARKING FEES. Tell the BPA you are giving them the opportunity to act before you report it to the relevant authorities fro breach of, inter alia, the 2008 Consumer regs (as per the BPA's note mentioned above) and the Fraud Act 2006 Section 2.
    Give them 7 days to respond to you from date of receipt of your letter. send it recorded signed for delivery.

Comment

All in all part of the same campaign of demands, so file it under I.
      Reread what the solicitors letter says carefully.

There is NO point in responding to private parking firms or their tame "legal" advisers..

Comment

Thanks both for your replies Filing under I as i type - and special thanks to :first:Curly-Ben MY HERO!!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X