• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cel's Cheap Wedding Thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cel's Cheap Wedding Thread!

Another thing we did, and enjoyed doing, saving a fair few pounds was all the orders of service (if Church), and all table decorations and place name labels etc... printed out on good quality photo paper, scored and folded. It took hours, but loads of people commented on how nice it was to see the co-ordinated them right through everything.

Comment

Cel

We got married late 1966

Earlier in year-West Ham won the World Cup for England-lol---so I proposed Union Jack tablecloths----fortunately I had a gumshield

Best Wishes to you both

xx

Comment

Worth a try.

http://www.weddingmagazine.co.uk/com...ils.php?id=135

CJ

Comment

Wow! Clearly everyone loves a good wedding?! I'm so impressed at all the boys contributing!

Some brilliant ideas, the MSE guide is very good indeed.

Been doing lots of haggling this week and have made very good progress.

Got 1700 off the price of the marquee, found really cheap cotton chair covers (to cover the cheap plastic chairs lol) Instead of expensive organza ribbon, going to use hessian ribbon, with a sprig of myrtle through the bow. About £30 for 120 chairs!

Honeymoon will be in Scotland rather than the Maldives! Going to do a tour of my childhood haunts, haven't been back since I was 11 so will be rather lovely. Anyone recommend lovely hotels between Dumfries and Ardnamurchan (Salen)?

Persuading my talented brother in law to bring his band to play as our live entertainment.

Bribed my mobile DJ friend (who I have done dozens of legal letters for over the last few years ) that he OWES me one, so he is for free, plus he will do master of ceremonies.

Going to do my own bouquet, buttonholes and table decorations (in kilner jars; which we have lots of)

Wearing flat ballet shoes (£20) rather than expensive shoes because my dress is long and you won't see my feet lol.

Mum in law is doing all the food as a cold buffet. Bless her x

Persuaded Naked Wines to do me a VERY cheap deal on my wine so long as we include a Naked Wines voucher in our invites LOL, they were very receptive and offered to create a special wedding voucher code!!

And yes, Ebay for the platinum rings......

Just trying to find somewhere cheap to hire crockery and cutlery, I looked earlier and some firms were quoting 20p a plate and 15p a fork....that will rack up very quickly.

xxxx
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

A lot of companies who hire out marquees also do crockery etc... Might be worth asking.

If you need glasses Tesco hire them out at a very reasonable rate (especially if you say it's for a school PTA function not a wedding!)

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
              lol just something to think on afore you do yer spending

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said: 'NO!'

And the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, did whatever the hell she wanted, didn't get fat, traveled more, had many lovers, saved up tons of money, and had all the hot water to herself.

She went to the theater, never watched sports, never wore friggin' lacy
              lingerie that went up her ass, had high self esteem, rarely cried or yelled or argued, felt and looked fabulous in sweat pants and was pleasant all the time.

The End

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl,
              'Will you marry me?'

The girl said, 'NO!'

And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

The En
              Very nice. Yes it is the way to remain happy for life. Just don't marry. I married once and still guilty of my wrong decision
              Last edited by AndreWheeler; 9th May 2013, 05:12:AM.

Comment

Congrats Cel.

My first wedding cost less than £300. Just as well really because the rest of the marriage was a write off.

My second one cost nothing. Knowing the Bishop helped!

Comment

Pawnbrokers can be a good source for sensibly priced jewellery.

Comment

Here is a story of a cheapo wedding.

When I got married, i bought my wedding dress and veil from the Marie Curie cancer shop, it cost me £110 all in.
                    My mums best friend has a pub and gave us the venue and food as a wedding present, we went to france and got a load of cheap sparkling wine (hate champange) for £1 per bottle.
                    My neighbour 2 doors up worked for Paula Pryke and got me my bouquet for a present, the bridesmaids had fake flower table arrangements as bouquets (wrapped in ribbons no one knew) and my make up and nails were done by my best friend Husnara

My cousin is a qualified hairdresser and she did my hair for me, and the car was a gift from my dad's best friend who was a chauffer.

We got married in the Marylebone Register Office in the same room as Paul McCartney and it cost us the grand sum of £35.

The invites cost us £70 as Hubby is a former printer and his ex boss did them half price.

so.. I would say I got married for less than £500, including putting money behind the bar for drinks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X