• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Egg accounts owned by BArclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg accounts owned by BArclaycard

I assume most have received a letter recently from Barclay card regarding the ongoing management of their Egg account.

To be honest this is the first I've heard of this - any info on how Barclaycard are behaving towards egg debtors would be helpful.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)
    Tags: None

Re: Egg accounts owned by BArclaycard

My personal experience is that Barclaycard are far more likely to listen and ultimately come to an agreement with customers than Egg, who seem to do the opposite - their stock answer to everything tends to be 'no', whatever the question.
    I think it can only be a good thing - I'll be happy to see the back of Egg and their appalling 'customer service'.

Comment

It's very early days, and I think I'm right in saying that contrary to popular belief, Barclaycard did not take over ALL Egg accounts, I think some were sold off elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
        It's very early days, and I think I'm right in saying that contrary to popular belief, Barclaycard did not take over ALL Egg accounts, I think some were sold off elsewhere.
        Arrow Global took the c-rap ones - like mine.

Comment

OK I'll wait and see then
          Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

I know there have been a load of issues around the transfer of Egg accounts to BC, mostly to do with unpaid direct debits with consequent interest charges when customers have usually cleared their balances.
            One problem I have had is trying to get a straight answer out of them in relation to a previously closed Egg account - BC sent a new card, PIN and all correspondence stated that it was ready to be used on 07.11.11 - however, when I queried this they said it has been closed on 06.11.11 (i.e. before the go-live date!).
            I think they are swamped with enquiries so I'll just have to be patient with them.

Comment

Originally posted by frisp View Post
              I assume most have received a letter recently from Barclay card regarding the ongoing management of their Egg account.

To be honest this is the first I've heard of this - any info on how Barclaycard are behaving towards egg debtors would be helpful.

Just wanted to say that OH has not received any 'welcome letter' from BC but received his normal BC statement today (this account is always cleared monthly) informing him that this account has been temporarily suspended "due to the position of your other account"!!

What other account? Can only be the disputed Egg Card that was terminated by Egg in 2010.

Thanks Barclays!

Comment

Write and ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                  Write and ask them.

Job for OH when he gets home!

Comment

I have a couple of concerns. Do you also bank with Barclays? Is there a significant amount that could be spent on your OH's BCard?

The reason I ask is if they were to use the rule of offset, it could put you in a very compromised position.

If your credit history is good, I'd be inclined (a) if you bank with Barclays to open an account with an unrelated bank (b) to cancel the BCard and get a Credit Card elsewhere, again unrelated to Barclays.

Comment

Labman, in answer to your questions:

1. Limited Co. business a/c only.
                      2. 12k.

Appreciate your concern.

Will update when OH has contacted BC.

Comment

Sorry, I don't wish to be insulting, but do you know what the rule of offset is?

Comment

These banks are such a frightful bore. One really could do without one's affairs being meddled with. Awfully tedious!

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                            Sorry, I don't wish to be insulting, but do you know what the rule of offset is?

Yes I do and was reliably informed quite a few years ago now, that personal debts cannot be offset against any Limited co. accounts. As I'm sure you are aware, a Ltd Co. is a seperate entity and if monies were taken for a director's personal debt there would be all sorts of negative implications for the co. regarding tax etc.
                            In an extreme case, the bank taking money from the company account in this manner could put the company into a trading position which contravenes the Companies Acts and this could have serious consequences for the company and all of the directors.

(Let's not forget that until OH has contacted BC, we are just assuming that this 'other account' is the old Egg debt ((which OH will be happy to settle, given the right info)) - odd that we have had no communication from them or Egg for that matter.)

Comment

It was not the Ltd account I was concerned about. I was wondering if they were able to use any of the B/Card balance to offset anything on the Egg card, as technically those are available funds.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X