• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught by Aktiv Kapital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught by Aktiv Kapital

I am after help as Aktiv Kapital recently found me for a debt I thought I had 'lost' a few years ago. It is a debt I stopped paying to Egg in October 2007 and have moved several times since and had actually forgotten about.

I am concerned as to how they found me as I have never been on the electoral register or indeed the local councils and am not registered as living there with anyone other than my bank, phone and household utilities. All of these i have continually been registered with so I don't understand what public databases they have found me through.

They have stated correctly what my debt and have asked for settlement. I am not in a position to pay £8k and neither do I want to. However my partner has no idea about this debt (from before I met her) and I don't want her to find out.

Are there any ways I can avoid paying it or should I start offerring a fixed amount? As they have offerred to reduce the debt by 35% to 5k.

However I have thought of contacting them and giving them an old address to send my details to, this I believe may buy me a year or two by which time I will have moved again and hopefully my trail will have gone cold. As i say, I am not registered at this current address or on the electoral roll.

I have been at my current address for 2 years and really don't want to get a bad credit rating here because I will wish to get a mortgage in 3 years when hopefully my credit check will be clear again.I need help because I really don't know what to do about this.

Thanks
    Johnny
    Tags: None

Re: Caught by Aktiv Kapital

Nobody on this site will condone a debt. There are things you should check though. Have a read of this:

Dealing with DCA's - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

pm sent to OP apologising for error - meant to say Debt Avoidance!
    Last edited by Caspar; 9th September 2011, 09:36:AM. Reason: Add apology

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
      Nobody on this site will condone a debt.
      Thats a bit harsh, we all have debt.

I think you may have meant debt avoidance? :beagle:

Comment

You are correct. jdr72 I apologise - I did mean debt avoidance. Incoming pm!

Comment

2 years before statute barred in england! Why? have they (egg) not got a CCJ in your absence in all this time????

Comment

This is not at all uncommon for Egg. As you will know some accounts have recently been sold off, and the remainder are passing to Barclaycard, so it may be worth doing a CCA request again, or initially just send a Prove It letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
              This is not at all uncommon for Egg. As you will know some accounts have recently been sold off, and the remainder are passing to Barclaycard, so it may be worth doing a CCA request again, or initially just send a Prove It letter.
              My train of thought Casper, I would say go for it!:beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X