• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells/Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells/Barclaycard

Originally posted by blackrock View Post
    This adds up! had various clowns from Moorcroft, Westcott etc chasing...all with the same end result. Just a quick question, there are lots of charges on this a/c, if Lowell have actually purchased this debt do I claim unfair charges from BC or the purchasor Lowells. It would give me great pleasure to hit the buyer with a claim rather than the OC!
    It is my understanding that, under the Law of Property Act 1925, the assignee has purchased the rights and duties/responsibilities of the original owner.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      It is my understanding that, under the Law of Property Act 1925, the assignee has purchased the rights and duties/responsibilities of the original owner.
      This is what I thought, thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

A word of caution, blackrock.

Do you really want to acknowledge this MSDW purported debt?

Comment

Hi

Its worth noting that unless there is a clause in the ageement that permits the charging of post termination interest they should not be charging anything.
          Of course you would need to see a copy of the orriginal agreement in order to veryfy this.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
            A word of caution, blackrock.

Do you really want to acknowledge this MSDW purported debt?
            A very good point! and no, not at the moment. I feel I have enough ammunition to keep them at arms length. A recon CCA, sections missing and hacked to include prescribed terms, a worthless DN from Mercers, no official termination from Barclaycard as yet...this has been running since late 2009. In fact I'm surprised BC have not sold this long ago.
            I'm not sure how many of these MSDW accounts have ended up in court but I would guess not many.

Comment

If there was a valid CCA, BC would have had you in court by now. Why sell off a debt for pennies when they can get the full amount back?

Comment

Originally posted by shell View Post
                If there was a valid CCA, BC would have had you in court by now. Why sell off a debt for pennies when they can get the full amount back?
                Exactly!

Morgan Stanley - Press Release

Comment

A agree, although I read somewhere that BC were generally not keen to take cardholders to court, they prefer to sell on, is this true? There is another thread here re Middlemess v Lowell involving fake NOA/fake BC letterhead. I feel I have the same from Lowell.
                  In any event, all of this would not prevent BC selling to a DCA to try their hand in court if they thought I had victim written across my forehead!

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Comment

I had a long struggle (on their part, I was having fun) with them. The debt is now Stat barred. It was sold to Bryan Carter who then handed it back to BC. A few letters were sent back and forth between me and their lawyer and finally it ended up with Lowells. Have Lowells actually threatened to take you to court? If so I have a lovely little letter you could send.

Comment

I had a long struggle (on their part, I was having fun) with them. The debt is now Stat barred. It was sold to Bryan Carter who then handed it back to BC. A few letters were sent back and forth between me and their lawyer and finally it ended up with Lowells. Have Lowells actually threatened to take you to court? If so I have a lovely little letter you could send.
                      Shell, thank you! Lowells are just warming up with their fake BC letters and a couple of "you must pay us immediately" type letters, also daily texts...all unanswered. Thank you for the offer, I may ask you for your letter if they issue a court threat. We'll soon find out if they really have bought this account from BC.

Comment

Originally posted by blackrock View Post
                        Shell, thank you! Lowells are just warming up with their fake BC letters and a couple of "you must pay us immediately" type letters, also daily texts...all unanswered. Thank you for the offer, I may ask you for your letter if they issue a court threat. We'll soon find out if they really have bought this account from BC.
                        Can't you block their texts, or send them a letter telling them not to use your phone number as all communication needs to be by letter. Also inform them that if they continue to send you texts, or phone you, you will report them for harassment.

If you can, keep all the texts, you'll need them when you do report them.

Comment

Will do! although tempting to let them waste their time for a month or two first!

Comment

Do I sense desperation on the part of Low(life)ells? I do hope so.

Comment

During the present economic climate the DCAs must be getting it tight. Do I buy food or do I pay some pre pubescent Bullyboy in a DCA so he can earn commission to buy his alcopops and hair gel.

Its a no brainer

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                                During the present economic climate the DCAs must be getting it tight. Do I buy food or do I pay some pre pubescent Bullyboy in a DCA so he can earn commission to buy his alcopops and hair gel.

Its a no brainer
                                Awww the poor little DCA's maybe we should be a little nicer to them and send them some homemade hair gel, you know the stuff that has urine as its main incredient - Just don't put that on the label, just put water, suger and colouring instead lol.
                                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X