• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells/Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells/Barclaycard

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
    OK, so they haven't added anything to that account and the balance is as you expected it to be?

BUT they have suspended the account due to 'your conduct' on the other account.

I am not entirely surprised by this, the question now is, do you even wish to give Sharklaycard any more of your business now?

They will probably keep the account suspended whilst the other dispute rumbles on.

It would probably be better to close the account and find a better credit card provider if you can.
    Thanks, i have two other Credit Cards from the main stream lenders (HSBC & Post Office) which i keep clear and use for everyday items to help build my credit back up as this mess, i think my best bet is to write to them asking them to either reinstate the card or close it ASAP, either way i win as i'll get the use of the card back or my £1.05!

Comment

Why dont you offer to pay Lowells from the balance on your suspended card. That should get the telephone threat monkey aroused for a couple of minutes as he thinks how much red bull he can buy with his commision

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
        Why dont you offer to pay Lowells from the balance on your suspended card. That should get the telephone threat monkey aroused for a couple of minutes as he thinks how much red bull he can buy with his commision
        Full and final settlement??
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

By suspending the second account, is that not repudiation of contract? I think it is, and they can only do that lawfully under a section 98 written notice. So if their letter does not mention section 98 then their actions would be in breach of contract!
          Last edited by teaboy2; 8th February 2012, 10:51:AM.
          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
            By suspending the second account, is that not repudiation of contract? I think it is, and they can only do that lawfully under a section 98 written notice. So if their letter does not mention section 98 then their actions would be in breach of contract!
            I'm not entirely sure, i will write a letter to them regardless and take it further from there reply.

Some good news!

After 7 months Lowell's have decided to sell the alleged debt and account onto a new collector. Sadly discounts will no longer be available!

So anyone in similar situation with an alleged debt of less thank 1K on credit card agreement just ignor them for 7 months and they will disappear. The treats of CCJs and Bailiffs are just that. After all the letters, and there was a lot, they have finally given up!

Comment

Who did the Leeds losers fob this unenforceable debt on to. Muck Hall per chance

Comment

Who did the Leeds losers fob this unenforceable debt on to. Muck Hall per chance
                No idea, they have yet to make contact, but when they do they shall be joining the Lowell's letters in my filling cabinet, with no reply. Its just a merry go round with them all. The other two accounts i had that were in dispute from M&S & Virgin have no been heard from in well over 8 months now, both unenforceable CCA's and faulty DNs. They must think people are stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by rizel23 View Post
                  No idea, they have yet to make contact, but when they do they shall be joining the Lowell's letters in my filling cabinet, with no reply. Its just a merry go round with them all. The other two accounts i had that were in dispute from M&S & Virgin have no been heard from in well over 8 months now, both unenforceable CCA's and faulty DNs. They must think people are stupid!
                  I have them on my case re M&S. One of those credit cards that were issued to replace a charge card. Of course the credit car was never applied for so hey will have extreme difficulty producing a credit application for it. Juan Kerrs

Comment

They must think people are stupid!
                    Clearly.
                    However, they have discovered and to their cost that many are not...

Comment

I have them on my case re M&S. One of those credit cards that were issued to replace a charge card. Of course the credit car was never applied for so hey will have extreme difficulty producing a credit application for it. Juan Kerrs

It is actually not a charge card, i got into financially difficulties some years back due to ill health, and M&S refused a temporary payment arrangement (if i recall). So CCA'd them, clear errors were pointed out to them and despite that they sent me faulty DN to top it off. It was a low balance in real terms (less than £500) and really have not heard much from them, i now have three defaults in total, all registered with in months of each other, so even getting one removed would leave two others, hence why i think its best just to let time heal and in the mean time build my credit up.

Comment

It is actually not a charge card, i got into financially difficulties some years back due to ill health, and M&S refused a temporary payment arrangement (if i recall). So CCA'd them, clear errors were pointed out to them and despite that they sent me faulty DN to top it off. It was a low balance in real terms (less than £500) and really have not heard much from them, i now have three defaults in total, all registered with in months of each other, so even getting one removed would leave two others, hence why i think its best just to let time heal and in the mean time build my credit up.
                        Mine was for a Credit Card. M&S chased it for ages passed it round the pond life before it landed on the dung heap that is Lowells. I know its unenforceable so do Lowells but of course they cannot bring themselves to admit it. No doubt it will follow the same predictable pattern

Comment

well not heard anything from them or anyone since it has been sold by Lowells, guess its just a matter of time till the filling starts again though

Comment

I have been contacted today by the lowell group, demanding 10000 pound, i divorced my husband back in 2005 and he was suppose to be paying this loan, I remarried later on, had a family, now this company have tracked me down and demanding money, last payment on loan was 2005, I don't know wat to do? Could someone Please help?

Comment

Simple

The alleged debt is Statute Barred by virtue of S5 of the Limitation Act1980. Write to Clownells and tell them this

Comment

Originally posted by RatbmfRatbmf View Post
                                I have been contacted today by the lowell group, demanding 10000 pound, i divorced my husband back in 2005 and he was suppose to be paying this loan, I remarried later on, had a family, now this company have tracked me down and demanding money, last payment on loan was 2005, I don't know wat to do? Could someone Please help?
                                Refer those oafs to the retort in the case of Arkell v Pressdram - link

Under section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 (link) the debt is statute barred - which means that whilst they may ask for the money, they cannot enforce the debt through the courts and must cease even to ask for the money when the alleged debtor has indicated that the alleged debt is statute barred and that not one penny will therefore be paid.

Lowells may try to claim that a payment was made recently and that this has restarted the limitation period, but they are rarely entirely truthful; section 29 (7) - link - states that once a cause of action becomes statute barred, it cannot be revived.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X