• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Managerial harassment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managerial harassment

Hi, I have been signed off from work by my GP for stress and anxiety, this is the 3rd week now. Both of my sick notes were posted to head office. I have kept my team leader informed and hadn't received any contact from the company until today. At 8pm this evening out of the blue my manager phoned me. I have a company car and was visiting my parents, he asked why I was out in the car if I was supposed to be sick. I advised him that with the nature of the illness my gp said that it would do me no good just sitting in the house. He said that he wasn't happy with this and that I was taking the **** and that someone would be collecting the car from me tomorrow morning. I said ok as didn't want to get into any further discussion about it as felt myself getting anxious. He went on to say that he hadn't even received any sick notes from me. I advised him that I had sent 2 in, he said that this was Bull****! I replied that I wasn't lying and that I had posted 2 into him, one just over 2 weeks ago and one on Tuesday. I felt myself getting upset and I said that I can't speak to you now I will speak to you tomorrow. I don't feel that this was at all professional or appropriate, the thought of returning to work now is unimaginable. My manager has always been very formal with me but has never used language like this towards me, I'm really shocked.I'm wondering where to go from here, I just want to hand my notice in.
    Tags: None

Re: Managerial harassment

Hi Sally
    Welcome to Legal Beagles.
    I'm really sorry to hear of your ill health. The way your manager is behaving is outrageous and harmful to your ongoing health and recovery.
    I'm replying from my phone so can't be as in depth as I'd like, but does your firm have a HR team? Is there a more senior manager you can deal with? This conduct merits a formal complaint.
    I'll be back online tomorrow to check your thread, I'm sure more people will assist then. In the meantime, try not to worry, his behaviour would be grounds for constructive dismissal given your health, so the law is on your side.
    Take care x Cel
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by persiansally View Post
      I have a company car and was visiting my parents, he asked why I was out in the car if I was supposed to be sick.
      How did the oaf know where the car had been?

Is it fitted with a GPS tracker?

Comment

Are you a union member at all ?

Comment

Originally posted by persiansally View Post
          Hi, I have been signed off from work by my GP for stress and anxiety, this is the 3rd week now. Both of my sick notes were posted to head office. I have kept my team leader informed and hadn't received any contact from the company until today. At 8pm this evening out of the blue my manager phoned me. I have a company car and was visiting my parents, he asked why I was out in the car if I was supposed to be sick. I advised him that with the nature of the illness my gp said that it would do me no good just sitting in the house. He said that he wasn't happy with this and that I was taking the **** and that someone would be collecting the car from me tomorrow morning. I said ok as didn't want to get into any further discussion about it as felt myself getting anxious. He went on to say that he hadn't even received any sick notes from me. I advised him that I had sent 2 in, he said that this was Bull****! I replied that I wasn't lying and that I had posted 2 into him, one just over 2 weeks ago and one on Tuesday. I felt myself getting upset and I said that I can't speak to you now I will speak to you tomorrow. I don't feel that this was at all professional or appropriate, the thought of returning to work now is unimaginable. My manager has always been very formal with me but has never used language like this towards me, I'm really shocked.I'm wondering where to go from here, I just want to hand my notice in.
          Do not speak with your manager and if the manager starts to swear at you make sure every time you note down the content of the call. Ask him to put anything about the car in writing and that if he has not received sick notes to put it in writing(tell him the legal advice you have received has stated that he has to put it in writing).
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi Sally,

How long have you worked for the company?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X