• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global Default - Help !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global Default - Help !

Hi everyone - Just wanted to say a big hello to you all before I start my thread... this is my first post as a newbie user so please be kind

I would be most grateful for some advice. I have read many of CurlyBens posts which have given me an invaluable background, and have seen a few posts referring to "Arrow Global" so it seems I am not alone in having default issues with these guys!

Here are the facts as they stand to date:

My husband has a default with Arrow Global for £181 dating back to 2009 which we picked up via our Experian credit report (originated with HBOS).

We have no knowledge of this debt and have received little information to date from Arrow Global (see attached dated 20th May).
    We have completed a written dispute form with Arrow Global, which has been acknowledged (see attached dated 15th June)). I would like to add as well that we have NEVER been contacted by Arrow Global prior to this, nor have we received any default notice / late payment information from HBOS before the debt was sold off.
    We think this may have been an old credit card which we would have closed in 2007 when we moved house. We had mail forwarding and unchanged mobile numbers for over a year so any correspondence should still have reached us.We also have never defaulted or missed payments on any cards we have ever owned so this debt seems completely out of character for us.

We are now in a situation where Arrow Global are simply saying they are chasing HBOS for further details and we just have to wait (6-8 weeks for each snippet of information they ask HBOS for). As of yet they don't even have the credit agreements, only the information they set out in the opening letter (see first attachment) which is basic to say the least and doesn't help us identify the debt as ours.

To further muddy the waters, Arrow Global are now ALSO now saying that the dates they have given us are incorrect and actually the debt goes back to 2007!
    We still do not recognise it and this also suggests the information shown with the credit agencies is also incorrect.

We are not trying to get out of paying any debt we may owe, but genuinely cannot tie up any of the (scarse) information we have been given with past accounts. We are just desperately trying to get this sorted out and get the default removed if possible as it is a glaring red alert on our credit report.

I am sure we have a very long way to go before any resolution but I would be very appreciative if anyone could help me with our next move, or suggest an effective letter format for the next step. Would you suggest a 'Subject Access' letter as our next port of call ?

Thank you thank you thank you !
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global Default - Help !

I honestly don't see why you should pay £10 to find out information which they not only should be able to tell you, but are legally obliged to tell you.

If it were me I would simply let them carry on trying to find out the information, and if it takes a long time, that is their problem, not yours.

Comment

Thanks Casper - I agree that we don't want to spend any money initially if we don't have to.Its just having the default on the credit report that irks me as lenders in the current market can use this as a no no...

Comment

I can fully understand this. However, sadly they are within their right to report the late/missed payment - this is why I suggest you take the pleasant approach first.

Comment

Oh for sure, we don't want to get too heavy with them at this stage and I do completely understand they are in their rights to report a late/missed payment..We're just not sure at this juncture that this default even has anything to do with my husband. Hey ho..We'll keep it all sweet and light for now and hope they come back with some information in the future so we can get this sorted.

Comment

Welllllll, as the rules of assignment have not been complied with they shouldn't be reporting toffee, especially as they cannot prove the actual account.

For now you really have very little to say to them until they can actually supply some information from HBOS concerning this matter.

Comment

Sorry - I didn't take that bit in fully. If there is any doubt as to whether this is your husband's debt or not, or what it is for, they really should not be placing a defualt at this stage.

You state you picked it up from your creit report. Did you receive a Default Notice? Did you receive a notice of intended action pre-default? If the answer to either of these is no, then there are some questions to be answered.

Comment

Hi Curlyben and hi again Caspar - thanks for the latest responses.
                Well we are getting somewhere with this I think.
                We can confirm that my husband did at one time have this account (having finally been given some accurate information re dates and a payment that we managed to trace) but we are still waiting to see how and why this default amount of £181 came about (we believe we shut this account with a final payment). As you say Curlyben, we are now just waiting to see what HBOS give them (and then us)...and Casper, no we never received a default notice or intended action pre-default - and have requested futher info on this from Arrow/HBOS.
                Although we moved from the address that this account was against, we did have an active mail forward for 18 months and unchanged mobile numbers as well so we are a bit perplexed as to how this outstanding amount came about...Hey ho, I am very glad to have posted here anyway, your replies have been affirmation that we are at least going about this the right way (thus far) so thanks very much guys. At the very least they may help other people who come across Arrow Global or an unknown debt. As mentioned we are happy to pay the debt if proven but will be attempting to get the default removed, perhaps as a condition of closure, as HBOS and Arrow seem remiss in their reporting of the intended default (to say the least.)

Thanks again chaps for taking the time to look at my post - will let you all know our progress as we go - wish me luck ;-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X