• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pigeons, neighbours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigeons, neighbours

Hi all. I live above shops on the first floor of a victorian block (no.30). There is a space/ alleyway separating me from the neigboring block (no.29). My kitchen door to balcony opens onto this alleyway.

We have had pigeons in this alleyway for about 2 years and the problem is getting worse. They mainly nest on the ledges and balconies of no.29. I have not been able to contact the landlord of no.29. I was able to get through to him once some years ago but it was a case of "how did you get this number" and not being willing to enter conversation.

Last year I spiked the balconies on my side of the building and cleaned up both sides of the alleyway at my own cost. This has not deterred the birds on the neighbor side, and it means I can't even open my kitchen balcony because of the mess.;

The problem is not going away and it is going to be a costly exercise to net the entire area off at roof height. Really the landlord of the neighboring building (the main offender) should be paying this or at least helping me pay it.

Any ideas? The council will not get involved - they do not do anything about pigeons and can only serve notice if someone is actively feeding the birds. How can I force this landlord to take responsibility?

Many thanks
    debbie
    Pay for it myself, since it borders on my property
    0.00%
    Harrass the council into action
    66.67%
    Get a lawyer
    0.00%
    Petition the neighbors' tenants to take action
    33.33%
    Tags: None

Re: Pigeons, neighbours

Why not get an air gun and shoot the varmints?

Comment

Re: Pigeons, neighbours

As well as environmental health and pest control services, your local authority may well have a Housing Advice dept to help private tenants' problems. You could approach them for assistance with getting the landlord to take action, as it is really his problem rather than the tenants'.

You could also go and see your ward councillors at their surgery and get them to advice / put pressure on relevant depts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X