• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Westcot Credit Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westcot Credit Services

It has not been sold. Post 8 gives it away - they have been instructed by their client! If it was an Absolute Assignment they would not have a client to instruct them. More scare tactics to get money from you!

Comment

Originally posted by John65 View Post
      Frisp, I have sent you an e-mail but dont sure if I done it correctly, please confirm that you have received it

Thanks John
      not received an email yet mate, sent a PM
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

Good evening everyone,
        Just to let you know that I received a letter from Wescot after I sent them a 'Prove it letter'. (Thanks to Frisp)

Dear John,

Thank you for your recent contact with regard to the above account.

We acknowledge that you have raised a query on this account and we would like to confirm to you how this will be investigated.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

We will suspend all collections activity on the above account whilst the matter is under investigation. This means that we will not write to you, or telephone you in pursuit of the account whilst it is being investigated.

However, we may need to contact you if we require further details or wish to clarify any information that you have provided to us.

As our investigation of your query will require us to contact our client, this process may take several weeks. We would appreciate your patience during this time.

Upon concluding our investigation, we will contact you again.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

If futher information to help us investigate or resolve the query can be provided, we would be grateful. If you wish contact us to discuss the matter, please telephone us on ........... Alternatively, you can write to us at the address shown above.

Comment

Good move, wait for them to reposnd, they will try and contact you despite assurances to the contrary just knock them back politely. Post up everything of significance they send you.
          Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity. (Motto of the Kings of Scotland)

Comment

Good afternoon everyone, I received a letter from them today after I asked for a Prove it letter, see below but I am not sure if it is proof enough?

Dear Sir/Madam,
            client ref .........
            Wescot debt no.........
            Client: Santander Uk Plc
            Balance.£12445.27

We refer to your recent communication regarding the above account: please find enclosed copy statment as requested.

Payment is now required and can be made by Debit card/Credit card (subject to acceptance) by calling the wescot payment hotline on 0844 824 1155 or pay online at www.paywescot.co.uk. Alternatively telephone us to set up a direct debit or standing order. You can also pay using paypoint or by sending a cheque opr postal order to the address below. Please ensure your westcot debt number is quoted at all times.

In certain circumstances, we can agree a monthly instalment plan by contacting our offices on 0844 824 1155 between the hours 8.00am to 9.00pm mon to fri etc.

On the statment shown with monthly list:-
            Loan amount £18,000
            Interest Charged 4654.08
            Total Insurance Premium £6040.32
            Total to be repaid £28694.40

I have worked out how much that I have paid out from their statement but dont understand why they want £2,300.00 more than i orignally owe them? I noticed a payment of £896.70 was paid out which I believe it might be from PPI & do I have still pay out the PPI? Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks very much
            John

Comment

Time I think for a CCA request.

Comment

Hi, What is CCA means?

Thanks John

Comment

Dealing with DCA's - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Post 4 Letter 2

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Good afternoon everyone, I received a letter from them today after I asked for a Prove it letter, see below but I am not sure if it is proof enough?

Dear Sir/Madam,
                      client ref .........
                      Wescot debt no.........
                      Balance.£12445.27

We refer to your recent communication regarding the above account: please find enclosed copy statment as requested.

Payment is now required and can be made by Debit card/Credit card (subject to acceptance) by calling the wescot payment hotline on 0844 824 1155 or pay online at www.paywescot.co.uk. Alternatively telephone us to set up a direct debit or standing order. You can also pay using paypoint or by sending a cheque opr postal order to the address below. Please ensure your westcot debt number is quoted at all times.

In certain circumstances, we can agree a monthly instalment plan by contacting our offices on 0844 824 1155 between the hours 8.00am to 9.00pm mon to fri etc.

Loan amount £18,000
                      Interest Charged 4654.08

I have worked out how much that I have paid out from their statement but dont understand why they want £2,300.00 more than i orignally owe them? I noticed a payment of £896.70 was paid out which I believe it might be from PPI & do I have still pay out the PPI? Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks very much
                      John
                      Tell Wesclott to get lost, they have no legal powers to any money off you and report them to the authorities if they refuse to leave you alone.

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam,
                        client ref .........
                        Wescot debt no.........
                        Balance.£12445.27

Loan amount £18,000
                        Interest Charged 4654.08

Thanks very much
                        John
                        Forward them a copy of the earlier letter where they said they would cease such attempts to collect on the debt until they had completed their investiagtion into your dispute and informed you of the outcome. Making it clear that attempting to collect on disputed debt is a breach of OFT Guidelines.

I am off course assuming they have not yet informed you of the outcome of such investigation?
                        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Hi, just let you know that I received Westcot letter after I sent them a CCA but I am bit confused as I have no idea what they playing at...

This is the letter I received below.

Dear Mr FurWhistle,

COPY AGREEMENT REQUEST

We refer to your recent letter requesting a copy of the credit agreement for the above account, pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act.

We are not the creditor for this account but instructed on behalf of the above client. In the circumstances, we are returning your postal order which was payable to Wescot Credit Services as this need to be made payable to Santander UK Plc. You can either send your request direct to our client or resend it to us and we will then forward it to them.

In the meantime, you will need to make arrangements to pay the account. We shall place the account on hold for 28 days to enable you to agree a repayment arragement.

Many Thanks John
                          Last edited by Curlyben; 7th November 2011, 14:44:PM. Reason: Surname edited

Comment

Concisely, they are playing at Silly Buggers.

As they do not own the debt, they cannot sue you despite what trumpery nonsense they might tell you.

As for the PPI, that seems to have been (a) rather expensive, (b) about as much use as the teats on a boar; as it was probably mis-sold, you should be eligible for a refund if they won't pay out.

Comment

Westcot are being deliberately awkward. There is no reason why they should not have passed the request on to the OC straightaway.

To be honest, it's not worth making a fuss about in my opinion, I assume they have returned your £1.00. I'd resend it to the original creditor with the requisite £1.00 payment and then they have 14 days (12+2) in which to respond. This means that you should get a response within the 28 days Westcot have given, and if you don't, you can place the ccount into dispute as they have not complied with your request and take it from there.

Until they prove that you owe the money, I would not be in a rush to pay them. Once it's proven, then you can arrange a repayment with them.

Comment

Write back with the following:

Not so Dear Westcott,

Thanks you for your letter dated (enter date) the content of which has been noted. You state in your letter that you are not the creditor and that my CCA request should have been sent to santander. I do not agree as it would appear that you are legally obliged to seek the agreement from the original creditor yourselves. I therefore refer you to the following leglisation:

"If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR)."

The above legislation makes it clear that you have a legal duty to fulfill my request for a copy of the consumer credit agreement regardless of whether you are the original creditor or not. As you have refused my request then i deem you to be in default of my request, i therefore return the postal order that you returned to me. i also inform you, if you continue to remain in default of my request that any demand for payment will be deemed unlawful and any attempt to enforce the debt would also be seen as UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Yours Sincerely

XXXXX Print your name, do not sign by hand.

And send the letter recorded delivery, that way they can not deny receiving.

Would love to see them try to wriggle out of this one lol.
                                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X