• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Withdrawl of Benefis in Kind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdrawl of Benefis in Kind

Hi

My wife has been presented with a situation where her whole department and only her department are having their roles reviewed and are being told that they must reapply for the new roles they feel are within their capabilities. The company is also carrying out salary benchmarking for these new roles and it unclear as to what these new salaries will be.

My wife has worked for the company for 17 years and feels that what they are doing is tantamount to constructive dismissal, if she chooses not to apply for any of the new roles.

My wife currently receives a car allowance and fuel card but in her new role these are likely to be withdrawn.

We plan to seek legal advise on this matter, it is a lot more complicated that I can go into here, however we are interested in (a) whether the company can withdraw the car allowance and fuel card without adding their combined values into her new salary (b) what if the new salary is less than she gets on her current contract.

Any help would be great full appreciated, Ben has got the Bone between his teeth and won't let go that easily.:beagle:
    Tags: None

Re: Withdrawl of Benefis in Kind

Hi Benny and welcome,
    I would give ACAS a ring and explain the situation fully, they will be able to tell you exactly what your wifes employers can and cannot do. They should also be able to give you info on local law centres or law firms who deal with employment issues and offer a free first consultation.
    ACAS link Home - Acas

Comment

many thanks for your response,my wife is going to se a layer tomorrow and we will be speaking to ACAs for further advise and guidance.

Comment

Does your wife work for a company with more than 50 employees. Are any/all staff represented by a trade union?

If the answer to the first question is yes, here is the relevant legislation that should be observed during any restructure proposals.

The Information and Consultation of Employees Regulations 2004
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

This link may be helpful:

UK Employment Laws | Dismissal, Tribunals & Maternity

My understanding is that if the business foresee a situation coming up where the need for an existing job or series of jobs is going to cease to exist they can potentially make you redundant (along with all the rights you have under redundancy).

If they want to avoid this, they can restructure to create new posts which will be needed, but will in turn carry new terms and conditioins of employment.

As this is just your wife's department, I wonder if this may be what is happening here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X