• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance

My daughter bought a new car yesterday and insured it with M&S premium service which cost her approximately £950 for the full year. She already has a small Fiesta which she is planning to sell within the next week or so and which has one months insurance still to run on it. The thing is when she filled in the form for the new M&S insurance she stated that she has 2 years no claims bonus, which she has but someone has told her that with her still having insurance on the Fiesta she cannot claim to have 2 years no claims bonus for the purposes of the new insurance until she has cancelled the old insurance on the Fiesta. I'm thoroughly confused now and so is she. Is she insured on the new car, should she just cancel the insurance on the new car or ring M&S and tell them after spending alot of money Help!
    Tags: None

Re: Car Insurance

Originally posted by Nickybiskit View Post
    My daughter bought a new car yesterday and insured it with M&S premium service which cost her approximately £950 for the full year. She already has a small Fiesta which she is planning to sell within the next week or so and which has one months insurance still to run on it. The thing is when she filled in the form for the new M&S insurance she stated that she has 2 years no claims bonus, which she has but someone has told her that with her still having insurance on the Fiesta she cannot claim to have 2 years no claims bonus for the purposes of the new insurance until she has cancelled the old insurance on the Fiesta. I'm thoroughly confused now and so is she. Is she insured on the new car, should she just cancel the insurance on the new car or ring M&S and tell them after spending alot of money Help!
    Tell her new insurers, in writing and sent by Recorded Delivery.

That way, they will later have some difficulty denying that they were informed.

Always remember: Barabbas was an insurance broker. (John 18:40)

Comment

If she has already has the renewal which shows 2 years no claims, then this should be acceptable to prove the no claims to M & S. If in doubt call M & S and see what they say.
      Is no longer here

Comment

What your daughter has been told is absolutely correct Nicky, is she keeping the fiesta after renewal or is she selling this car?

If she at the end of the existing policy still has two years no claims or will she then have 3 years. You cannot use the NCD twice....on two vehicles she should come clean with M&S as it stands at the moment she has signed a false declaration that she has 2 years NCD when in fact this is being used on another car.

Is the Fiesta off the road?

If it were me I would have added the new car to the existing policy for 1 month until renewal and then she could have gone elsewhere if she wanted too with her NCD in tact subject to her not having had an accident.

Insurers share information such as this and it is imperitive that she advises M&S of the situation immdiately and also request from her present insurers if they could add this car for a month upto renewal. This to me would be the most sensible solution and then she will have her NCD free to take where ever she wants to go. If she does not do this and she does not provide her NCD at the start of the policy it could become nul and void and that would be a terrible situation for her.

M&S will probably refund but take out an admin fee and maybe charge a time on risk. She should talk to them and her present insurers without delay.

Originally posted by Nickybiskit View Post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X