• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Current account charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Current account charges

Off to Court on Friday afternoon for my strike out hearing. I've submitted my letter giving reasons why my claim should not be struck out. Barclays have not provided much of a defense (less than 1 side of A4) and site that I have not provided enough detail for them to defend the case. I have submitted evidence since though, including letters from my MP etc.

Expecting the worst but hoping for escalation to a higher Court.

Comment

Following with interest and i wish you the best of luck for friday Stevo and hope that if it is escalated to the high court that you do win, otherwise it could cost you a furtune.
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Yes, indeed. I'd have to try and get a Costs Protection Order or legal aid I guess. Yikes.

Comment

Well fingers crossed for you Stevos.
          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Oh boy what a kicking I got! Just consoling myself now with a cold glass of beer. I thought my chances were slim but the judge (IMHO) sent me the message that if the Financial Ombudsman says no and the Banks lawyers say 'no chance' you really need to have a 100% watertight case if you go to Court.

I personalised my case and argued quite well (I thought) on a couple of points that the 2009 High Court judgement was not the same entirely as an individual. Barclays lawyer even conceded to one detail of my argument at one point.

I lost and had costs awarded against me (they were substantial (thousands) although pruned back by about 25% by the judge). I took some notes which are quite brief if anyone wants to see them I'll post them up over the weekend.

Also, there was so much running around at the end. I got the defense (skeleton argument) by recorded delivery this morning and I had to get an amended POC in to all parties right away. I put a fair effort into this which included credible evidence but lost on points of law. Lesson learned but I hope there are more people willing to fight for justice (human not legal) over bank charges.

Stevos

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that you lost and were awarded costs against you - hope they aren't crippling. But well done for having the courage to try.

It just goes to highlight how tough litigating bank charges are now.

When you feel up to it I for one would like to see your hearing notes.

Comment

Ahhhh Stevos, bad luck, although you knew you had an uphill battle to fight.

All credit to you for trying so hard against the big bullying banks xxx
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X