• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hello everyone, i've got a problem with my mobile phone provider... how unsual...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello everyone, i've got a problem with my mobile phone provider... how unsual...

i have recently had my iphone4 stolen.
    i bought the phone second hand and insured it through my mothers bank account.
    i have the IMEI number, box for the phone, a copy of the receipt from the previous owner and confirmation of registration with apple in my name, what my insurance company needs is proof that the IMEI number was used in conjunction with my SIM/account.
    my mobile phone provider is refusing to do this due to the fact that i had not registered the phone with them.
    my provider has already told me (in a recorded conversation) that they have a Iphone4 IMEI number used from my account on their system but refuse to forward that on in email/writing for me to then send to my insurance company.
    i was hoping that due to this technically being my 'personal information' that it would fall under data protection regulation... i basically want to force them to prove that the imei was being used on my account... what are my chances?
    Tags: None

Re: hello everyone, i've got a problem with my mobile phone provider... how unsual...

Why not write to them and explain the situation and that you need to confirm that the IMEI number was used in conjunction with the SIM/account? When things are in writing it will allow them to write to you if they are unable to do so.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Re: hello everyone, i've got a problem with my mobile phone provider... how unsual...

thank you leclerc... i emailed them with my issue and got a reply saying that they would respond within 10 days, which irritated me somewhat as this is still no guarantee that they will do what i ask and is more likely to be just another way to waste my time until they fob me off with some spurious excuse for not treating me with any respect or value as a customer. i have had numerous problems with this provider over the 8 or so years i have been with them (i've no idea why i put up with it - i won't for much longer) and i would just like to know if i have any legal standing to kick up a fuss over this issue. their standard of customer service is beyond the pale and i would like to make them aware that i won't put up with it. i was hoping that i might find some kind of ammunition for my letter to their chief executive, surely refusal to give me information about my own account is unacceptable practice? or am i barking up the wrong tree? (see what i did there )

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X