• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed!!Bank charges £6 a day stuff..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed!!Bank charges £6 a day stuff..

Hey guys, Sorry for the long story but help is needed here...Nattie

Call me slow, but I was unaware of the £6 a day, so i had a bad month, paying bills off which is a good thing right? Wrong for me, Went up to my limit in my bank, and then a charge, with no way of clearing it until pay day, well hey i thought what's a £20 or so charge next month with a good wage packet on it's way, to my dismay today checked my bank because i was pulling money out to clear my council tax bill, to find a £168 charge on my account, I hadn't the foggiest what that was for, so naturally i made a call and checked this out. to find out it was £6 a day for 28 days, jeeeezzz.... I made the call again getting home about an hour ago to see what they can do to help basically thier words not mine...

" you had a £12 refund in march so we cannot look at your accout to help you...." :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

" Oh and also, there is a n other £103 coming" :tinysmile_aha_t:

I asked then if they could stop charges until i get paid as it is kinda making me financially...fudged..." and i cannot stop this until i get paid again so even more charges while this is going on, I spoke to a minor and then a manager...nothing, She eneded the call very rudely by saying wait there a minuite...then as soon as the words Transfering you came out of here mouth i went on hold for 25 minuits and gave up...not 100% sure where she was putting me but I have a feeling it was to arrange upping my od but that doesn't help....

Any advise here would be awesome thanks all
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed!!Bank charges £6 a day stuff..

I changed Banks because of this they even tried to get me to upgrade to a monthly fee account as you were "allowed" a bit more before they slapped on charges even for an arranged overdraft.
    I think i know the bank used to be a building society?
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

I have full intention to close my account as soon as is possible!!
      I'm just wondering if there is anything i can do, or talk to to help out, im not actually asking them to remove charges i will concede that i will have to pay this but a little help by stopping forthcoming charges for a while would help me out.

Comment

Also just read this in Natties post in Banks, can anybody explain??

Customer can choose to pay £10 a month and their unarranged fees will be reduced.

Read more at: NatWest Charges: The Definitive Guide(Updated October 2009) - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

One last thing oif nobody can help, Does anybody know if there is a maximum they can charge you for this or can they just keep going on the £6 a day unlimited?!

Comment

Originally posted by PocketTheDifference View Post
            One last thing oif nobody can help, Does anybody know if there is a maximum they can charge you for this or can they just keep going on the £6 a day unlimited?!
            There is no upper limit. Have you missed any payments on mortgages/rent, utilities etc, etc,?
            They do go statement date to statement date so I would change your statement date to coincide with the salary because that would help HOWEVER, any change made today would take effect in two months which might defeat the whole object of it(no idea why their customer service reps can't suggest this anyway....guess they still hire stupid people )
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Ahh Well I wasn't aware. NO i've not missed a payment, I think they took my money out for "the advantage gold account" and then that made me overdrawn and it went from there and now in debt with them for 300-400 £ HAH!!!!
              They guy on the phone was as rude as anything im encountered just giving me so much abused called me a lier and said why would he lie... I didn't accuse him lol, Then the manager cut me off I can't believe they can charge what they liek for as long as they like putting me further and further into debt with themselves, not willing to do anything for me, except put me in touch with tree people - next month ill miss payments because this will take nearly half my wages so im working for free practicaly!!

Thanks any help would be brilliant!!

Comment

Glossy adverts, but harass the customer, in all the glossy ads they do not mention this charge, and they did still charge me got out whilst the going was good and on a repayment plan to pay off the outstanding amount.
                Still wish we didn't have to have banks!
                my Mum seemed to manage with jars or envelopes for every thing and she never owed any one anything
                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

My best effort I think would be to quote the Lending Code at them. They are supposed to help those in financial difficulties, not penalise them and make things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
                    My best effort I think would be to quote the Lending Code at them. They are supposed to help those in financial difficulties, not penalise them and make things worse.
                    He's NOT missed a payment cos that was exactly where I was going on that one, lol!!
                    Ermm. not sure I should say this PTD but do you actually use the benefits of Advantage Gold cos if not, ditch that pile of crap(sorry, should remain unbiased )

Comment

well I kind of do, I never actualyl signed anything they just took it upon themselves to attach it to me after the trial, but I've jused Holiday Insurance on it,. but it has actualyl helped i think if i've read correctly it would be £9 a day if i wasn;t on the Gold account so....
                      How the hell have they got the goul to get away with th Bank Charges Scam and then think " I know how we can make a **** load of money" ....

I could try the Lending Code, I mean next month I wil probably miss some payments out, im trying to move next pay day, but this will never happen with them taking away a mass chunkc of my wages, I feel like i've been de-frauded.

when I explained I had no idea it had changed he said well the computer is saying Advice given on something, could have been anything but he assumed it was the charges the most unhealpful person ever...

If i go INTO the bank, do you think I stand more chance of help in there or will it be the same generic bull crap??
                      Thanks all you guys

Comment

Ermmm, no you wouldn't be charged more if you didn't have the account cos that's plain crazy is would be an unfair term, ie pay £156.00 to get a £3 discount, that's a saving of -£120 per year.

Do you use more than just the travel insurance? Have you checked how much an annual policy would cost as opposed to the £156.00 your paying now?

The bank's perspective is "no bank error = no refund"(unless you're a journalist, tv star, are well known within your local area{and I don't mean for burglaries either, lol}, it's about reputational risk).

EDIT: The branch CANNOT take a decision on the amount of charges made though

Comment

No I havn't checked, I will do, Havn't been this yaer it's been topsy turvey this year to date, so I probably won't even use that hah!!

Im sure I read possibly on Natties post under banks somewhere that It's £6 or £9 to non AG accounts....not sure what I read then but it's there to read somewhere I'll link in a sec. I do believe you though

Yeah, it's mental they won't help, I give them money etc all the time and yet they aren't bothered about their customers. wtf!! it feels like they are personally invading my life I don't need them expect to get my wages, it's seriusly stressfull not knowing next month how much they will leave me for in rent and all that!?

So If i spoke to the local branch manager, he cannot make any sort of decisions on what charges are being made or pyut them on hold or anything like that???

So basically i HAVE to sit here, and get shafted until I get paid?! and then loose it all still?!

Cheers Lec

Comment

Originally posted by PocketTheDifference View Post
                            No I havn't checked, I will do, Havn't been this yaer it's been topsy turvey this year to date, so I probably won't even use that hah!!

Im sure I read possibly on Natties post under banks somewhere that It's £6 or £9 to non AG accounts....not sure what I read then but it's there to read somewhere I'll link in a sec. I do believe you though

Yeah, it's mental they won't help, I give them money etc all the time and yet they aren't bothered about their customers. wtf!! it feels like they are personally invading my life I don't need them expect to get my wages, it's seriusly stressfull not knowing next month how much they will leave me for in rent and all that!?

So If i spoke to the local branch manager, he cannot make any sort of decisions on what charges are being made or pyut them on hold or anything like that???

So basically i HAVE to sit here, and get shafted until I get paid?! and then loose it all still?!

Cheers Lec

I love to say Nattie is an idiot but I tend not to call myself names on a forum, lol!!!
                            ADGD went up from 6 to 9 squid ie the actual account charge but not the charge for unarranged borrowing. Local branches authority is usually about £100.00 maximum so they would have to refer it to a regional office to authorise the refund and they will follow the letter of the law, ie no bank error is no refund.

Comment

Opssy Sorry Nattie, Such a long time since i've spoken to you, haha!!! You can call me names if you like!!

Ok cool, So I am of the opinion, sod all I can do so just be more careful in future, and loose my wages this month to something that I don't eve consider a bill!

I really just don't understand what Law they can just take what the hell they like just for charges alone. Grrrrr

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X