• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Free Advice Set To Take A Pounding?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Advice Set To Take A Pounding?

Hi

Green light for Legal Aid cuts (including debt, employment, housing & welfare rights) to go ahead it would seem.

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/gov...ackson-reforms

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/press_20112106

Potential big impact across the board this.
    Tags: None

Re: Free Advice Set To Take A Pounding?

I really feel this is a very sad state of affairs. The government wastes so much money on all sorts of things, and it is these services that are axed as a result.

It does mean however, that sites like this one become increasingly essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
      I really feel this is a very sad state of affairs. The government wastes so much money on all sorts of things, and it is these services that are axed as a result.

It does mean however, that sites like this one become increasingly essential.
      Hi Caspar

The knock on effect of these particular cuts are potentially huge as they are right across the board and often compliment each other.

I suppose a lot depends on if alternative funding is incorperated, replaced or substituted in some way (either way it will be greatly reduced I am sure)

Important face to face expert advice and support in many fields could be lost, for which in my opinion there is no real substitute.

Uncertainty again for the people and agencies involved (and those that depend on them for help)

There has to be a safety net or chaos is likely to ensue, but it looks like we will have to wait and see again.

Very good point you make about forums like this one, the demand will rise I am sure and who knows where it could lead.
      Last edited by Latch Key Kid; 23rd June 2011, 22:05:PM.

Comment

Hi

Latest update from Ken -

http://legalactiongroupnews.blogspot...announced.html

And response from Gillian -

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/press_20110629

Here we go again!
        Last edited by Latch Key Kid; 29th June 2011, 17:41:PM.

Comment

The proof of the pudding......... and all that!

When I was a Headteacher we were promised "new" money over and over again. Often the reality was that it was new money in one pot and put into another pot. Also these "pots" were often ringfenced, so you could only spend it on prescribed things.

I hope this "new" money is not like that. It does at least shed a ray of hope on an otherwise terrible situation. The CAB which visited our village has sadly already been axed, despite the fact that it couldn't meet demand.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X