• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Homeless due to Poor Credit & Low Earnings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Homeless due to Poor Credit & Low Earnings

Casper, I will send you a message in the morning in reply.

Comment

"BTW single people without children or childless couples are never in 'priority need' for council housing EVEN IF SLEEPING ON THE STREET."

This is not always the case. A person can be in Priority need if they are ""Vulnerable" and therefore "at risk". This is of course subjective and dependent on the interpretation of the Homelessness Officer dealing with the application and the policies of the Local Authority in question. Some interpret the legislation more liberaly than others.

A person with a disability may be deemed in Priority need if their disability makes them vulnerable (and therefore at risk). It would certainly be worth a visit to your LA Homelessness Unit. Once your application has been investigated and a decision made and if that decision is that the LA does NOT have a duty to rehouse/house you, then you take your letter to Shelter for their assistance.

LA's are required under the act to put their decision and how they came to that decision, in writing.

Comment

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
        Another, perhaps more 'alternative' idea has occured to me:

given that i) the main stress point of living in somebody else's house is almost always kitchen arrangements; and ii) it stresses me out a lot not to have personal space;

I have come across people living in a static caravan or even a yurt exchanging practical help and their skills rather than paying rent.

I think this would suit me better now.
        ¿ɐılɐɹʇsnɐ oʇ ƃuıʌoɯ pǝɹǝpısuoɔ noʎ ǝʌɐɥ

Comment

Re: Full throttle fat loss

deleted - I was mocking a spammer between reporting instances of their spam.

Comment

Every man want to work and live with their family, some time its not possible for earning a person should leave their parents and spouse to earn money. its duty of person to earn money for their survival,its the rule of nature.
            Last edited by Amethyst; 20th August 2014, 13:33:PM.

Comment

A friend of mine saw this. She has always been single but saved enough to buy a flat, then a small terraced house on her national minimum wage as a shop worker. Apart from that flat and house where she had a mortgage, she purchased nothing unless she could pay for it immediately and paid utilities bills as they arrived and has never had a credit card. She is now saving up for her first computer. May be this good lady needs some professional advise about obtaining a better paid or more suitable job and clearing any outstanding credits. There are people available to help but it depends on where she lives. THE CAB or local church should be able to advise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X