• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

payment in installments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• payment in installments

We have a young Friend who wants to buy our boat off us but in installments.
    The other half is all for it but I have alarm bells ringing, I do admit we need the money but what happens if...
    a) he manages to damage it after a week or two or he changes his mind
    b) he "forgets" to pay than rely on him remembering to pay us and its still not clear how he intends to do this as he is always grumbling he has no money
    c) he says he will take over the payments for where it is kept but could I do it, currently up to date on month payment on this
    I could go on I don't think it will work hes young and reckless I would rather advertise it and take a small loss than him remembering!
    I think really I have answered this myself but can some one tell me I am right then I can show the OH!
    DT
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Re: payment in installments

Would your friendship be likely to survive your suing him and then enforcing the judgement?

Can you get some security from him that he may need later (such as his motor-car or his testicles) which you will return to him once he has completed payment for the boat?

Comment

Or perhaps, don't know whether you've considered this, let him pay in installments but don't hand over or give access to the boat until every last penny has been paid. Perhaps first half non-returnable so you can spend it. Second half returnable and placed into a safe deposit account in case he changes his mind.

Comment

Thank you both, other half has just left with message to him he either does as Casper advised or he gets a bank loan or his parents act as a guarantee.

Comment

Wise decision, even if everything was being paid there would have suspicion/worry clouding your friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
            Wise decision, even if everything was being paid there would have suspicion/worry clouding your friendship.
            True.

Another point to consider is that if the buyer surrendered his testicles as security, they might not fit properly when they were returned.

Comment

Well just had a call from OH he is a bit upset about it but at least we still stay friends he is going to look into either saving (to prove he can) or takijng a loan
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              True.

Another point to consider is that if the buyer surrendered his testicles as security, they might not fit properly when they were returned.
              he may need them having just got a new girl friend!
              Last edited by dogtired; 14th June 2011, 15:32:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                True.

ha ha. he'd look a total anchor if he did.

Comment

he backed out already reckoned he would not get a loan.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                    he backed out already reckoned he would not get a loan.
                    Perhaps he knows his nuts aren't big enough?

Comment

You are a case!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X