• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift Advances Plc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Swift Advances Plc?

any idea what we do next peter please?

Comment

Originally posted by yorkie-dave View Post
      any idea what we do next peter please?
      HI

You look up the case they use as authority. Then you identify what distinguishes your case from thiers,
      Then you right to the creditor to inform them why the case they quoted does not aply to your claim. Then they either admit it or they right back and say "oh yes it does" and then if you default you have to prove it in front of a judge.

Are you in a position where you need to go to those lengths ?

Peter

Comment

hi peter

well money is getting tight,christmas has hit us hard and money just seems to be draining away,i guess rather sooner than later i guess?

im pretty clueless when it comes to these things and wouldnt know where to begin and the help so far has been much appreciated.

thanks
        dave

Comment

HI

Please dont take this personally . If there is an error in your agreement that shows the creditor has defrauded you out of your money then by all means persue it and get your money back , i will help you. If you are having financial difficulty and your creditor is being unhelpful i will help you use that loophole against them.

However i will not help if you are just trying to get out of paying a legitimate debt bedause times are hard, if you are having problems my advice is to contact the creditor and if you get no joy use the free credit advisory services, trying to avoid payment by showing the agreement to be unenforceable is a last resort, to me anyway. Not that it isnt an intersting excercise.

I hope you can regard these commens in they are meant and not as any sort of critisism.
          Persuing unenforceablity on an agreement is a risky business these days and not to be undertaken unless you have to.

Peter

Comment

hi peter

no im not trying to wrangle out of paying

it was what you mentioned about the interest not being a perscribed term or something when you looked at my agreement,saying that something was wrong with it.

i have no intention of trying to wangle out of the money borrowed but if i dont have to pay the interest because they broke the law..

Comment

any idea where we go from here peter?

swift just keep saying the agreement is correct and i should keep paying.

were looking at being able to continue paying for about another 2 months before we run out of money and end up defaulting,we dont want to lose our home.

Comment

Hi

I noticed earlier on that omeone (I think it was good ole Sparkie) that he'd been told his rate was dictated by the Libor rate? Well not according to my letter from Swifts which says;

Nov 2012

Dear....................

Agreement No .....

We refer to your recent correspondence on the operation of the London Interbank Offered Rate ("LIBOR")

Your loan is subject to a variable rate of interest

The rate of interest is set by Swift Advances PLC. It is not a tracker linked to any reference point or base rate linked loan and does not, therefore, incur an automatic interest rate or payment adjustment when there is movement in LIBOR, the Bank of England or other Bank's base lending rate.

Swift Advances plc sets the interest rate applied to your loan

The interest rte is applied is based on a number of factors but, for the avoidance of doubt, your loan's interest ate is not automatically adjusted in line with the interest rate reference points mentioned above.

Swift is not a member of the British Bankers association and has no role in the setting of LIBOR.

Yours faithfully etc etc.

If anyone has correspondence that is different I'd love to see a copy etc as they seem to keep changing their minds!!

Pam56

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X