• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HBOS/Robinson Way charging order against property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBOS/Robinson Way charging order against property

Hi All

Any advice much appreciated, my wife and I are finally taking are head out of the sand and trying to deal with all of the debts we have had (and some we haven't but are being chased for anyhow !!)

This debt is a bit of a messy one that my wife didn't deal with, at the time she was going through an unfair redundancy case and wasn't coping!

Anyhow I have just opened a letter addressed to her from Horwich Farrelly Solicitors on behalf of Robinson Way (the creditor is described as Robinson Way Ltd ex HBOS)

The debt was originally for a HBOS credit card which there was ultimately a CCJ placed against, sadly we never dealt with it the. To make matters worse there has according to the letter been a judgement debt and a charge against our property for this debt. My wife has a vague recollection of some paperwork ages ago but can't remember any details.

The letter it self states that they are considering what further enforcement action may be taken to recover the judgement debt, mentioning possible further costs and mentioning the property a couple if times.

The amount owed is a little more than £6000, however I am pretty sure that a large proportion of this is made up of fees fro the credit card and possibly insurance. So really not sure what to do.
    Tags: None

Re: HBOS/Robinson Way charging order against property

Suggest, that you make two subject access requests,
    one to HBOS and the other to Robinson Way.

Have you checked Registry on-line re: the alleged CCJ and the Land Registry re: the alleged charging order?

Comment

Hi Angry Cat, thanks for responding.

Please excuse me as i really am a novice, is there a standard form for a subject access request and what information will this give me.

Also for the land registry would that be property search then select title register cost £4. and for registry on line - trustonline.org.uk cost i think £8 or I am I looking in the wrong place

Comment

Hi all I am still hoping for some further advice on what to do.

Just to clarify I am looking to pay the debt, just before I engage with anyone and offer anything I want to make sure I go about it the right way, also if possible would like to be able to start paying the bill less the crazy charges that have been added. My wife was pretty sure the final credit card bill was between 30-50% less than the current demand, hard to remember as it was a good few years ago.

I know this may be difficult because it has gone so far but if any advice can be given it is very much appreciated, or even if I could be pointed in the right direction.

Comment

Hello mpc,

Your position to negotoate is severely limited with accj already in place. In fact you are committed to pay in full what is demanded. However all is not lost. These characters are liars cheats and everything else low you can think of.

Get all of your ducks in a row by getting a full paper trail together. This lot along with most of the "debt" sector will have made a mistake on the way to where you are now. It may just be possible to get the CCJ overturned and the courts currently are frowning on the use of charging orders by thes cowboys.

Secondly have friends RW or the OC sent you a notice of assignment for the original debt? RW and their tame toothless tigers HF may have to prove they actually own the debt and have cause of actiion to enforce.

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Hi Garlok, thanks for your help, at the moment we have no paper (typical previous head in the sand chuck everything mentality, thankfully have finally snapped out of it), so what sort of paperwork should I have?

At a guess I am thinking I should start by sending a CCA request off, would this just be to Robinson Way, and also would it be a CPR request?

Don't think we have had a notice of assignment from RW does this get requested at the same time.

Also angry cat suggested a subject access request but don't know what this is?

Many thanks

MPC

Comment

Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - View Single Post - Subject Access Request Data Protection Act - How to get your information.

Comment

Hi all sorry for letting this thread go dead for the last 4 weeks, have been a bit distracted sorting out another issue I had to do with a stat demand (now successfully resolved).

I am posting off the SAR requests recorded this weekend so will hopefully know more soon, is a CCA request also valid for this as well? Also what is the implications of unfair credit card charges and poss PPI on maybe getting the CCJ overturned?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X