• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flogas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flogas

I watched Dom Littlewood today and am elated that someone is listening to us poor FLOGAS customers who are being ripped off by the company. As park home residents with no option but LPG we are limited to the suppliers we can use, and as such are being taken advantage of, by this unscrupulous company. We are also in a situation where some of us are paying 35p per litre and some of us 62.25p, even though we negotiated a blanket price 2 years ago for the park. Well done for listening Dom, our mps don't seem interested. Nutmeg
    Tags: None

Re: Flogas

Yes I watched that will be interesting to see if this does reach government and if ofgem start to regulate this shoddy practice.

My mum also lives in a mobile home and until now have never thought of questioning her on this subject so will do when I next visit her.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

It isn't just Flogas, Calorgas etc... also have a total monopoly and dictate the prices to their retail outlets (this may have been covered in the programme!)

For anyone who runs a caravan, motorhome or uses gas as part of their job this is a very relevant point.

TBH normal home energy companies are nearly as bad and will push things as far as they can.

Comment

Casper,

It was not just flogas that was mentioned but calorgas, bp and shell also the investigation centred around flogas as that was the company supplying that particular street but the programme was very much LPG in general.

Even bottled gas for say barbecues @ £25 a time for a refill is expensive, I also have 3 empty propane bottles in my shed I cannot get rid of as the supplier has gone bust so have lost my deposit on those.
        If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

We live on a park home estate and FLOGAS have just increased our prices the lowest being 27% and the highest being 78% and we are astounded that despite contacting MPs and every one we can think of no, one wants to help us fight for a fair deal. We have no option but to use LPG at present but are looking into a gas supply being installed for piped gas but until then we are at mercy of these unscrupulous dealers. Nutmeg

Comment

http://www.lpgcompare.co.uk/How-It-Works.html

Also found this (oldish) thread OTR:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=289235
            Last edited by charitynjw; 19th May 2011, 10:11:AM.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Flo Gas bought out BP gas company and now they are demanding payments from us, even though we left BP a year ago. Their customer database must be in a mess!

How do I make them stop sending us demands?

Comment

Do you have any paperwork from when you terminated your contract with BP?

Alternatively, contact their CEO - he is CEO of the parent company DCC which includes Flogas:

tbreen@dcc.ie

Comment

If you left them a year ago what are they billing you for?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X