• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RE: Halifax PPI claim advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Halifax PPI claim advice

Hi to all om the forum.
    Had this letter land today from the Halifax regarding the PPI claim that my partner has got with the Halifax regarding a credit card.
    This landed on the doormat yesterday 8 weeks after they recieved her complaint. They wrote back saying
    Following your previous letter regarding your PPI complaint,We are now writing to you to provide you with a further update. We still aim to resolve your query through our internal complaints process as quickly as possible.
    All the bumf next about the BBA Review nothing really too sexy and all thay.
    We have now announced that we are no longer supporting the BBA judicial review process.
    As a result of the judicial review it has taken us longer than normal to assess your complaint and we recognise that we have not been able to respond to your complaint during this time. We now aim to respond in as swift a manner as possible following our announcment.

Questions.
    1. Do you think the Halifax are stringing this one along to waste time.
    2. Do i send them a LBA letter or do i just wait and see what happens. With the backlog this could take months to respond.
    2. Do i just refer this to the FOS.
    Any advice would be great.
    Kind Regards.
    Steve.
    Tags: None

Re: Halifax PPI claim advice

Hi and welcome Steve to LB.

I received more or less the same feedback from Lloyds a few days ago by email.

It will be almost a week since they caved in.

I can understand your frustration, and it seems we are all receiving the same feedback.

Hang in there, but keep on at them as well.

Hope something more positive arrives in the post very soon, please keep us posted, cheers.

Comment

Thanks for advice Di.
      Really towing on the idea of sending a LBA to them and giving them 14 days as was the original plan that letter should be sent this weekend as last monday was the 8 weeks since my complaint was recieved by them the danger i supose is for them to reject it for spite and then my partner could be waiting for month maybee years for the FOS to deal with. Or will the threat of action make them get thier fingers out.

Comment

i haven,t heard anything about my mbna cc or my 2 hsbc cc and my 1 hsbc loan at all yet,it,s just costing them more interest if there upheld the longer they hang about, hsbc will have a loan account claim for 9 and 15k land on there doormat in a few days,happy days

Comment

Originally posted by S Mac View Post
          Thanks for advice Di.
          Really towing on the idea of sending a LBA to them and giving them 14 days as was the original plan that letter should be sent this weekend as last monday was the 8 weeks since my complaint was recieved by them the danger i supose is for them to reject it for spite and then my partner could be waiting for month maybee years for the FOS to deal with. Or will the threat of action make them get thier fingers out.

Hiya

I cannot see in any harm in doing so.

Mine have been with the bank since before Xmas, and now my patience is starting to run dry, but they did give me the opportunity to take my case to the FOS if I didn't want to wait (this was before the court case in April), but I stayed in there, and glad I did, as the FOS are overloaded with these complaints, but you would think that anytime now they would make a start on ongoing cases they have held at least wouldn't you?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X