• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dogtired's Barclays PPI Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogtired's Barclays PPI Claim

Did Barclays say to contact FOS? Is she still paying anything to Barclays?
    Three years ago they refused mine, took it to FOS, finally got a result but as "a good will gesture" not heard from Barclays as yet!
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays PPI complaints procedure

Thanks Dogtired, The letter advised to contact the FOS if she was unhappy with the decision, as a long shot I also suggested contacting Watchdog to see if they could offer any assistance, how Barclaycard can offer a detailed list of monies owed to her with all the relevant account information then in the next breath deny it was ever sent I dont know especially on the same day yet the letters arrived 2 weeks apart !

Comment

Also to contact the FOS
      And if she can a SDAR, there are good templates on here for that, it will cost £10 and should contain everything about the account, but from experiance does not always, I hope some of the team here, more expert than me will see this and be along to advise.

Comment

Hi dt & loopylearner,

Some more replies on http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...oping-for-help & di30, our PPI guru, has replied on http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...670#post353670
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you, just trying to help!

Comment

Cheers, dt :thumb:
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

:bump:

Comment

1.pdf2.pdf

Almost three years from my first complaint, taking it to FOS finally got an "offer" from Barclay's today.
                I do have statements but only as far back as 2007.
                Been on a payment plan for ages, even with this taken off there would still be an outstanding balance.
                I attach the letters can you cast your eye of them and see if I can complain, again, would just like to get rid of the outstanding amount and then be a little better off every month.

Comment

According to the letter, you have told the FOS that you have accepted the settlement offer, DT. Unless you believe that this offer is too low, I doubt if there is anything that a further complaint would achieve.

You could complain that the offer doesn't comply with the FSA/FCA rules, as it does not show clearly how it has been calculated, and as such you are unable to make an informed decision on accepting or refusing it. It would be interesting to see if Barclaycard have used actual figures that are more than 6 years old, or if they estimated them. If you have statements going back to 2007, then we could compare their offer with OUR estimate.

Comment

The FOS only said that the offer from Barclays was " a gesture of good will" and that I would hear from Barclays.
                    Did not accept it as such, FOS told me to phone them when I got this so guess I would have to do this tomorrow.
                    Guess the date came from when I first had problems, been on a payment plan since.

Comment

I will also double check the statements.
                      All I got from Barclays at the beginning was a copy of terms and conditons, now not even certain if these were right!:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

I spoke with the FOS today, basically it looks like they have made an error, the letter that I got in June should have had a "time limit" of 14 days otherwise Barclays assumed I accepted it?!
                        There were no figures in this letter.
                        So, I have informed Barclays I intend to provide the FOS a copy of it and that currently I do not accept it as I was unable to make an informed decision.

Comment

Bill if you see this, First statement I have kept is Feb 2007 outstanding balance was £1,488.36, payments were "set" at £20 sometimes paid more.
                          Balance stands now at £585,56 (July 3013), make payments now of £6,00 per month.
                          Many thanks for your input.

Comment

If you sent a CCA s.77-79 request and they have not yet fully complied with it, then you can withold further payment toward the account until they do comply. If you didn't receive a copy of the agreement and/or the T&C's were not those in force at the time of the agreement, then they have not complied.

It is impossible to get an accurate idea of what to expect in settlement without filling in a spreadsheet, and this involves a fair amount of time and effort. You don't need to know about maths or spreadsheets to fill one in, as it does all the calculations for you - but for each month you have records for, you will need to enter the date, the PPI charged, the interest charged, and the account balance. Entering any penalty charges, and any Card Protection Premiums will also add to your claim 'Quantum.'

If you are prepared to do the 'leg-work,' I will do my best to make your figures all add up, and perhaps we can get that balance reduced to zero.

Comment

Thank you Bill, I assumed that Barclays calculated the date from when I first had problems?
                              Not too hot on the maths ( glad I dont have to be!) but willing to give it a go. This offer has been made after nearly three years. So the "terms and conditions" date from then (not even a date on this) will try and post up later today.
                              Do you have a spreadsheet template or do I just get a big sheet of paper!
                              Last edited by dogtired; 7th August 2013, 04:27:AM. Reason: adding content

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X