• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claiming PPI from Firstplus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming PPI from Firstplus

Hi

I am new to this forum and have spent many hours online seeking clarity on how to deal with claiming PPI on a loan that I took out with Firstplus in April 2004.

Situation

The loan amount was for £40,000 and the original agreement states that the PPI premium was an additional £9, 700.

I took the loan out with my husband and we have since separated (in October 2009) but not yet divorced. My husband remained in our marital home against which the FP loan was secured and agreed verbally to continue making the payments himself. I have recently found out that he has not made payments now for several months so I am currently engaged with FP re paying the arrears in instalments (£4, 600).

The matter has been passed to Eversheds Solicitors acting on behalf of FP and I wondered whether:

1. Am I eligible to claim back PPI as the account has fallen into arrears and was taken out before 2005 when I understand FP were governed by FSA?

2. If I am eligible, is it wise to attempt to claim back PPI at this stage whilst I am negotiating with FP re acceptable repayment of the arrears?

Also

My estranged husband and I are in the process of trying to sell the property against which FP currently hold the 2nd charge with this loan. The settlement figure quoted, despite having paid over 6 full years' payments (the term of the loan is 20 years) is more than the original loan amount and this means that the sale of the property will scarcely cover the amount due to our first mortgage lender and FP. I have read elsewhere on this forum that this is likely to be due to FP calculating their figures based on Rule 78 - am I able to appeal against this; if so, how should I set about doing so?

Any advice re the above matters would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Claiming PPI from Firstplus

BUMP.

Usually if you reclaim the PPi and are in arrears, the refund will be taken off the arrears.

As for the rest of your questions, I'm not sure so have bmped this for further assistance.
    Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X