• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cash Genie / Carter Fobes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cash Genie / Carter Fobes

they use a company called paydayiseveryday to get your new bank details to empty it,,the oft issued guidance last week that this is now illegal report to financial ombudsman as soon as

Comment

but will clear this as long as I don't report them to my bank for fraud!!!!!
      O I bet they will and I sincerly hope you have that in writing for proof

but as others have said already

go one better and report them to your bank and the FOS right now, and also push as hard as you can for them to be charged and prosucuted with farud and also theft if you can

Make the complaint to your bank in either person or by phone and also back it up in writing

You could also go to the police but not sure if they will want to get involved at this stage, as they may want to want until the bank and FOS has their say

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
        If that's J. off Middleton, it seems a remarkably prescient name.

Comment

The offer to cancel all other monies allegedly owed in return for compounding the felony by not reporting their fraud/theft of monies from another account is, in itself, a serious felony; it could be said to be blackmail or conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

Comment

oft have gave me an email address to complain about them but they said it needs many people to complain as they dont do individual cases heres the email
            enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk
            and you need to mark it credit fitness
            if enough people complaain they will investigate with a view to removing the credit license they us so get mailing people we need to stop these liars and bullys taking advantage of more vunerable people,,and to drew do you have a copy of the information commissioners report that has the same addresses for cg and carter forbes?
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Originally posted by shabbagirl View Post
            Hi

I have just had my bank account 'swept' by these guys leaving me no money for rent or living expenses for the month. I had previously entered a repayment plan with them and have been sending them postal orders on a monthly basis as I had changed banks and did not want to give them my current bank account details as I had read about their dubious reputation. Basically, they somehow managed to get hold of my new bank details without my knowledge, they said I had made an application with their sister company recently and agreed to them taking money out of my account (as if!!!). They are still saying I have an outstanding amount owing but will clear this as long as I don't report them to my bank for fraud!!!!!

Can anyone give any advice??

Thanks.
            paydayiseveryday by any chance?
            Last edited by evierhys; 16th September 2011, 06:46:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I am having problems with these lot, My account was actually passed back to cash genie as i refused to ring carter forbes i would only have contact them via email. I did find out that when i first took out the loan times financial(cash genie) took £60 out of my account 9 days before any repayment was due. No where in my Credit agreement says they are allowed to this. I told Miss Chelsea parker from cash genie and have heard nothing since. But now carter forbes are sending texts again. God Knows whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by toddyj9987 View Post
                But now carter forbes are sending texts again. God Knows whats going on.
                Report them to your mobile telephone service provider and get their unwanted SMS spam stopped.

Comment

Your commitment to responsible lending

The purpose of a short term loan is to act as a temporary solution to cash flow problems; they are not intended for sustained borrowing over long periods of time. Cash Genie do as much as they can to ensure you don't borrow more than you can afford to pay back. However it is your responsibility that this does not occur so that you don't fall into debt. Please think carefully before taking out a loan with Cash Genie; please ensure that you are able to repay the total outstanding balance on the due day.

Implications of late payment

Cash Genie will attempt to automatically collect payments on the due date stated in the application. If the automatic collection fails due to insufficient funds in the customer's bank account, a customer service representative will contact you to collect the payment. There is a 7 day extension whereby the customer can make a repayment or contact Cash Genie to set up an alternative agreement. On the 7th day (after the due date of the loan repayment) a late charge is imposed. On the 14th day, a letter will be sent (reasonable costs will be charged). Additional interest charges will accrue monthly until an agreement has been made with the customer. If the customer contacts Cash Genie, they can come to an agreement; set up an arrangement; freeze the balance and work accordingly with the customer.

Implications of non-payment

At Cash Genie, they lend to our customers in good faith and we expect full repayment on the agreed due date. Should there be any problems with paying on time, it is imperative that the customer informs Cash Genie in advance. Their terms and conditions are clearly stated in the loan agreement and the customer must agree to these prior to signing the loan agreement. During the deposit process a Cash Genie representative will confirm that the customer understands and agrees with their terms and conditions. Non-payment could lead to a record of the outstanding debts being sent to Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs). Bad credit ratings may be passed from the CRAs to other lending institutions and financial agencies. This may prevent customers from obtaining further credit. Default and/or delinquent loans may be reported to the court, this may result in county court judgments being issued against the customer.

Non-payment can also affect Cash Genie's future trust rating with individual customers. Furthermore future borrowing with other lenders could be adversely affected due to the customer's credit rating.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X