• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse Default Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse Default Notice

Hi
    I have a car loan with BH, £20,954.99,total now paid £17,863.83 with around £3,000 left to pay.
    My payments are £300 per month, but I phoned them to say I couldn't afford this at the moment & after a income sheet had been filled out they say I can afford £200 per month. I said I would try.. I paid the first £200 in Feb ok, but have missed last months, 28th March. My fault I did not phone them.
    Today I have received a Default Notice to say I have to pay £1,179.38 by 19th April or further action will be taken. And if I can't pay this I will have to apply to a court which may allow me more time to pay.

When I phone BH they are always shirty, is it best to write to them stating I can not pay this sum?
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Black Horse Default Notice

Hiya

I'm sure you will get some helpful advice on this shortly, but yes write to them and explain, best not to leave it, and only correspond in writing only.

If your still having difficulties after the arrangement do let them know.

Is there anything you may have missed on the expenditure perhaps - of your outgoings?
    Remember to include everything that comes out as well as coming in.

They work it out from what you have left a month, so going by your expenditure they have worked out you have that amount to spare to pay out a month.

Comment

Hi Dizzy Di

You are the only person that replies to my posts...thanks

The problem with my expenditure is that I'm self employed & the income varies. BH do know this but doesn't seem to be on their 'list' for them to understand. I'll will write to them & try again...thx

Comment

Originally posted by mollymouse View Post
        Hi Dizzy Di

You are the only person that replies to my posts...thanks

The problem with my expenditure is that I'm self employed & the income varies. BH do know this but doesn't seem to be on their 'list' for them to understand. I'll will write to them & try again...thx

Hiya

Your very welcome.

I have been there myself in hardship, so can understand how difficult it can be for you.

As your income varies due to being self employed, if your income is mostly on the lower level of income rather than the higher level, then maybe you would be best off restructuring this if you can.

Tell them its not guaranteed that you will be receiving the same level of wage every month and you are happy to pay a set amount of £x what you can guarantee to afford every month.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Comment

Do you believe it....I phoned BH paid them £150 & they accepted it! All that worry for nothing!

Comment

Do you believe it....I phoned BH paid them £150 & they accepted it! All that worry for nothing!
            I'd send off a CCA request.

Comment

LOL, well done and now stop worrying lol xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X