• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NatWest Business Card Charged But Account Closed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NatWest Business Card Charged But Account Closed

Hi

Just received two letters from NatWest saying that I owe them £12 and £5 for an account being in arrears.

They say I have a balance of around £200 ( i don't want to give specific amount in case they are on here!)

Basically this card has been closed to my knowledge since July 2010 and I have statements proving this.

I called their less than helpful office in Southen-on-Sea to be told that there were transactions that should not be there as the account was closed. In fact when i first called they couldn't even find the account!!

I was then told even if the card was closed that ANY direct debits or recurring charges could STILL be incurred if I had not closed these with the individual companies involved.

They went through some of the transactions (avoiding the "interest" and other charges incurred by them) ... some I don't even recognize and can't even contact!

What can I do to prevent this card going on to rack up more and more charges?
    Tags: None

Re: NatWest Business Card Charged But Account Closed

would it be worth putting a fraud alert on the card ? that will stop payments and might sniff out the people tryig to take payments. Go back though somw old statements an see if there any clues if there are write to the co involved

Comment

Originally posted by gettingworriednow View Post
      Hi

Just received two letters from NatWest saying that I owe them £12 and £5 for an account being in arrears.

They say I have a balance of around £200 ( i don't want to give specific amount in case they are on here!)

Basically this card has been closed to my knowledge since July 2010 and I have statements proving this.
      Does the statement say Account closed on the last statement rather than a £0.00 balance?
      I called their less than helpful office in Southen-on-Sea to be told that there were transactions that should not be there as the account was closed. In fact when i first called they couldn't even find the account!!

I was then told even if the card was closed that ANY direct debits or recurring charges could STILL be incurred if I had not closed these with the individual companies involved.
      That is correct.
      They went through some of the transactions (avoiding the "interest" and other charges incurred by them) ... some I don't even recognize and can't even contact!
      I think you need to ask them for a copy of the transactions because if any of them are fraudulent then you are not liable or any of them.
      What can I do to prevent this card going on to rack up more and more charges?
      to prevent charges racking up is pay the whole balance off the card, however, if you have statements showing that the account is closed and that the balance was at zero and you do not recognise any of the transactions then I think you need to report them as fraud.
      Did the address they held on file remain open in your name, ie business address and you merely switched banking facility? If so why did they not send any statements to you?
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I think you also need to write nat west and send a letter specifically recinding all ongoing authorities and dds attached to the card send it recorded and drop a copy into your local branch. without the spaecific recinding of the authority the holder of you details can continue to make claims for money. Go throg any old statements you have o try and find whom the peson taking payments is andthen write to them and also recind the authority. IIRC the authority ov rides closing an account I seem to recall a case that went to watchdog a few yeas ago wher the cardholder was deceased and the payments continued to be taken .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X