• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA Pre 2000 PPI claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA Pre 2000 PPI claims

Hi,

I have a couple of claims ongoing with MBNA for mis-sold PPI,both on cards taken out in the late 90's.

MBNA are using the BBA action to put the claims on hold and so I am in limbo ,as are countless others,until such time as the action is resolved.

I have contacted the FOS,informally,to question if I could complain to them about MBNA sitting on my claim due to the BBA action and was told that they couldnt deal with it as MBNA were not regulated at the time I took the cards out.

They also advised me to contact the insurers who underwrote the PPI at the time I took the cards out and complain to them re the PPI mis-selling.

Has anyone had a similar problem or know whether what I am being told is correct?

I was told something similar by the FOS re a complaint against Amex,but then they changed their mind and dealt with it...

Cheers,

Matty
    Tags: None

Re: MBNA Pre 2000 PPI claims

MBNA, subscribed to the ABI Code opf Practice re: the selling of general insurance.

Comment

Thanks AC.
      Does this mean I can go after MBNA or need to refer the claim to the underwriters / insurers ?
      Thanks,
      Matty.

Comment

Hi Matty

Cheers Turbo for leading me here.

This is the same Matty I know isn't it? lol

Right the FOS will suggest the insurer direction if your not able to take this up with the brokers, such as one of mine Click Finance dissolved, I cannot go the lender direction, but it was suggested to go the insurer direction.
        But it may take some time.
        And longer than that of usual unfortunately, but still its another way.

Lots to what I know of including myself have been told the same, check my Hamilton thread below if you get the chance to, mine does seem to be complicated though.

So what you should do now is write to the lender for the insurance policy details, ask they post them directly to you by 14 days, then all details of the insurer are enclosed on them.
        You take this up the same way as you would the broker, and its highly possible they will not take any liability, but the FOS are checking/investigating the connections from the broker to the insurer.

The FOS will however be able to take this on, as the insurer/underwriter was regulated.

Comment

Hi di - tis I the self & same.

Just posted on here to see if anyone else has experience with old MBNA accounts and could maybe / hopefully let me know how they got on / are getting on.
          I have followed your advice re the insurance details which I eventually received yesterday...so I can pursue the insurers now,but I know that this is going to be a long road as :
          a) I have had to go down this path on an old Lombard loan and have not heard anything for months after getting the knockback from the insurers (pinnicle) and sending on to FOS
          &
          b)I have read your Hamilton thread!!! -jesus ...they have made it hard work for you.

But pursue it I will as I would dearly love to DO these feckers.

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
            Hi di - tis I the self & same.

Just posted on here to see if anyone else has experience with old MBNA accounts and could maybe / hopefully let me know how they got on / are getting on.
            I have followed your advice re the insurance details which I eventually received yesterday...so I can pursue the insurers now,but I know that this is going to be a long road as :
            a) I have had to go down this path on an old Lombard loan and have not heard anything for months after getting the knockback from the insurers (pinnicle) and sending on to FOS
            &
            b)I have read your Hamilton thread!!! -jesus ...they have made it hard work for you.

But pursue it I will as I would dearly love to DO these feckers.

Matty

Hi Matty and good for you too.

Yes mine is rather long and winding isn't it?
            Still the way I'm looking at it now if I went through waiting since its been with them in 2009 or even sooner that that really, a bit longer won't hurt, lol.

And the FOS are still determined to come to the bottom of it, or I do think they would have rejected it well by now.
            So there is hope for us yet.
            Its only going to take someone else to be successful going this direction through the FOS, then there certainly will be hope for us yet.
            The interest will be adding up as well.

Please keep us posted on yours Matty, keep strong through this, as frustrating as it is I know x

Good luck.

Comment

Hi - this is my first post so my apologies if this information is available elsewhere...but...

I have just been reading here about MBNA - I too have an MBNA credit card and they have put my PPI claim on hold. When I took it out it was with Abbey National and MBNA appear to have taken it over at some point. Will that make a difference? Should I do anything (because this could affect a claim against Abbey National??) or wait to hear from MBNA at some distant point in the future?

Comment

Jack it makes no difference to you at all, if the account is now administered by MBNA they have purchased it and thus the ones you should submit your claim too.

As the JR is now won in the consumers favour I would not wait for them to contact you.

Put your complaint/claim into MBNA now.
                If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X