• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Phoenix v HSBC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix v HSBC

Quicky, I'm not conversant with credit card agreements and it's form and contents. If anyone could have a quick gander at the ones attached and tell me what you think. :roll: :roll:

Also, i requested copy of default notice they allegedly issued on the 13/01/05 as we never received one. HSBC tell me they are not legally obliged to retain a copy of the notice, just a record of it's issue. They go on to say it's a legal presumption that a letter properly addressed to the last known address on file is received in due course and this will apply to your default notice.

yet for us to ensure the default notice is of the prescribed form, we require a copy

Re: Phoenix v HSBC

I'm not that conversant either but it looks like an agreement to me. Better than the one I received from crap One anyway, which was an application form!. With regard to the default, Crap One say much the same thing, they issue you with a sort of template thingy which tells you what it would have said if it was the real thing, which it isn't cos they don't keep a copy! If you see what I mean. Don't know whethr this will be of any use to you or not.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Just send them a cheque properly addressed to the last known address on file is I'm sure it will be received in due course and this will apply to paying off any debt you may have had with them - in the same way they sent your default notice. msl:

Comment

Originally posted by thephoenix View Post
        Quicky, I'm not conversant with credit card agreements and it's form and contents. If anyone could have a quick gander at the ones attached and tell me what you think. :roll: :roll:

Also, i requested copy of default notice they allegedly issued on the 13/01/05 as we never received one. HSBC tell me they are not legally obliged to retain a copy of the notice, just a record of it's issue. They go on to say it's a legal presumption that a letter properly addressed to the last known address on file is received in due course and this will apply to your default notice.

yet for us to ensure the default notice is of the prescribed form, we require a copy
        Hi Phoenix
        My hubby had exactly the same response from HSBC.... he never received the default notice either, they say they so not keep copies and basically you have to take their word for it. This cannot be correct and he will I know take this further and possibly to court and at the same time he will recover the bank charge element, which is minimal.
        Something tells me that they should be able to verify their actions and give proof etc. Saying they sent it to the last know address..... we could say the same and the fact that they did not receive it, they would slap on another charge.
        DS

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X