• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA

I have had problems with MBNA for 6 years now - they forced me to take out their PPI on credit card which were used for business. I won all cases I took to the Friendly Ombudsbank Service. I even won a court case against MBNA (due to the terms and conditions of the PPI - MBNA dropped the case with hours to go and offer me £500 to go away) I am not going to go away and want to warn you all of the trick they will do. Firstly my PPI was forced on me in 1995 - I have had confirmation that the terms and conditions are contra proferentem. Then last year MBNA actually sent figures to the FOS on what premiums I paid. After checking the figures I noticed that the Bank changed the accounts and figures around so it would look better for them. I informed the FOS and Sir C Kelly (Chairman of the Friendly Ombudsbank Service), this happened over a year ago and not one response. I ahve decided to go public as this is the second MBNA have fiddled the figures on my account and twice the FOS has done nothing. I have written to my MP, and he is investigating the FOS and MBNA. So if anyone is having problems with the FOS contact me and I will give you the case number which you can refer to. :seagull:
    Tags: None

Re: MBNA

I am not surprised tbvh. It does outrage me that companies like MBNA do so much wrong but never get into trouble for it and Trading Standards are never successful in taking up complaints against them. They seem to get away with a hell of a lot. It makes you wonder.....

Originally posted by MBNA Destroyer View Post
    I have had problems with MBNA for 6 years now - they forced me to take out their PPI on credit card which were used for business. I won all cases I took to the Friendly Ombudsbank Service. I even won a court case against MBNA (due to the terms and conditions of the PPI - MBNA dropped the case with hours to go and offer me £500 to go away) I am not going to go away and want to warn you all of the trick they will do. Firstly my PPI was forced on me in 1995 - I have had confirmation that the terms and conditions are contra proferentem. Then last year MBNA actually sent figures to the FOS on what premiums I paid. After checking the figures I noticed that the Bank changed the accounts and figures around so it would look better for them. I informed the FOS and Sir C Kelly (Chairman of the Friendly Ombudsbank Service), this happened over a year ago and not one response. I ahve decided to go public as this is the second MBNA have fiddled the figures on my account and twice the FOS has done nothing. I have written to my MP, and he is investigating the FOS and MBNA. So if anyone is having problems with the FOS contact me and I will give you the case number which you can refer to. :seagull:

Comment

I would like to now more about this apparent skulduggery at MBNA. I too have been speaking with my MP about them for the last few months. Please PM we with further details. I would also like to hear of any Data protection breaches at both MBNA and their solicitors Restons.

Comment

Originally posted by mids View Post
        I would like to now more about this apparent skulduggery at MBNA. I too have been speaking with my MP about them for the last few months. Please PM we with further details. I would also like to hear of any Data protection breaches at both MBNA and their solicitors Restons.
        Ha ha, MBNA up to their old tricks. I had a £6k loan wiped out with MBNA, in a nutshell, they initially charged interest on a 0% balance transfer, then up'd my APR to 17.5%, then 20% then 27% then 34.9%! I kicked off, sent in a CCA request that they ignored. Then they started court action.

Heres the intersting bit, they did eventually produce an agreement, which was post 2007 signed online with a tick box and was fully compliant (Although a bad DN was issued).

I submitted my defence in the standard format you can find here and they backed out, issuing an discontinuation notice! lol Thanks MBNA, i waved my fist and they ran like girls!

Steer well clear of this outfit. I called once to try and obtain my credit card ref No. over the phone and they point blank refused to give it to me until i paid the outstanding monies! I said i can't pay anything, as im trying to deal with this formally via letter and i need my ref No. for clarity yet they still refused!

Note, in relation to the data protection issue, i have requested they clear my credit file as the contract is long over and they have again point blank refused.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X