• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

9 Credit cards £30,000 - Reclaim charges, PPI.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Credit cards £30,000 - Reclaim charges, PPI.

I am £30k in debt on 9 Credit Cards and self employed with no work at the moment, all cards were previously on a reduced payback arrangement, but then default notices started arriving so it was time to 'get my head out of the sand!!!!
    I have used several 'standard' letters from this site to help. (suitable tweaked to suit my circumstances etc.)
    Have written loads of letters over weekend to reclaim CC charges,PPI and Hardship letters.

Thanks to all on here who have helped in the past few days.

I will keep u posted as replies arrive. :beagle:
    Tags: None

Re: 9 Credit cards £30,000 - Reclaim charges, PPI.

First to reply HSBC (via MCS) accepting my circumstances and £10 a month on £6,000 debt.
    Amex next with, passed onto there "Executive Customer Relations Department" ...is that the department with luxury Andrex paper ???

and then Egg with nasty letter !!!

Comment

Just had phone call from Lloyds TSB.....told them to go away, "delete my telephone contact details and send everything in writing"

Comment

Originally posted by whatnest View Post
        Just had phone call from Lloyds TSB.....told them to go away, "delete my telephone contact details and send everything in writing"
        Why not speak to them but agree nothing unless in writing?
        I assume I&E has been sent to them already?
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I'm getting on much better without phone calls from other 8 CC companies, also if CC company doesnt have my phone details they cant pass it on to DCA.
          Sent simple letter to request they delete phone details a while ago, but must have forgot to do Lloyds !!
          I really hate having to call any of these companies because they always put you in a queuing system and play load music at you !!!

Income and expenditure already done.

1 Success - 8 to go.

Comment

Hi whatnest.

Right, first off, £30K on CCs is nothing compared to my overall debt of £50K on (mostly) CCs. So that should make you feel slightly better already

I have to agree with you that the offers should be made in writing and generally its not best to use the phone because there's a risk you could get pressured into paying more. Also letetrs a record of all the efforts you have made to do the decent thing and get repayment plans in place.

However, if you haven't actually been defaulted yet on any of them then there should be no harm in talking to them on the phone as well provided you stay in control and get a repayment proposal in place. Getting a repayment plan in place with the originalcreditors often means you can avoid gettiong defaults on your credit files.

Egg...I have had a lot of experience with these bustards. they play hard boil Egg and Barclays are the worst of my creditors for dealing with disputes, complaints and in setting APs up with. Thats just my experience of them but I couldn't even begin to explain how s*itty thev'e been.

With Egg I would write with an i/e and pay them direct using your credit card account number and their sort code. Egg will send your account to a DCA. But my understanding is that if you are paying Egg direct and they are accepting payments, then they are accepting your repayment plan by default and you should then be able to shake off their DCA threatmonkeys. I don't know if that's factually cirrect but DO know that it worked for me and by paying Egg direct I sent Fredricksons packing a coupla months back and aint heard from any DCAs since.

If you send the i/e sheet on this site and comply with any requests for proof of what income you have then I don't see why the creditors should refuse your efforts to make repayments. I gather the main problems arise when only token payments are made but if it comes to that there is always the CCCS.

I tried the CCCS and it worked for a couple of years, just to get me through the worst of it. I then went direct to the creditors like you are doing now. If you follow the same princples as the CCCS do then you should be fine. The i/e sheet should do that for you. If you PM Amwthyst she will send you a really good i/e sheet and also she may help you with completing it if you need guidance.

All the best with this man. I hope your business picks up soon or you get a job to hold you over, whichever works best during this tough patch.

I was out of work for 9 months a couple of years ack and it was hell, so I understand what ur going through.

DS

Comment

Thanks DS, mine was nearly £70k at one point about 4 years ago which had built up over a 3 year period when my then business partner was siphoning off money to pay his monster mortgage and lifestyle !!! (Ba.....d went bankrupt and lost the lot !!!)
              I feel more in control of things now and this site has been great in the last few days.

Comment

Total letters sent out now at 31 in last 7 days !!!. (Hardship/SAR/harassment/PPI reclaim/CCA and CC charges)

Comment

Lloyds still harassing me with texts and phone calls.......does anyone have a nasty letter i can send them ?? I have already requested they delete my phone details from there records !!!

Comment

Another reply from Capital One, this one from head of 'Executive Response Centre' .....Sven Lagerberg !!

Comment

Hi there

My experience with Lloyds - they were not the easiest, and it had taken me to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) before they agreed.
                      Then with doing this, they refunded all the charges to the account and compensated us with £100 for distress and inconvenience.

You could do the same, because the fact is, if you have kept on at them and asked them to freeze your interest/charges, due to your hardship circumstances, these just keep rising, and it could all be avoided if they accepted.

You could write to them again (I know a right pain), and tell them you will complain to the FOS if they don't do what you asked them to do due to your hardship circumstances, and hopefully they will listen, but if not then move on to the FOS and request a fast track because of hardship reasons.

Good luck with this.

Comment

Thanks Di, Have you had problems with other CC reclaims ? What ones did you find easiest to deal with ?

Comment

Have you actually sent any charges reclaims? If so don't you think it might be as well to wait till you get replies to the claims before you decide on the next course of action? And once the replies start coming then start a thread for each company. As I said last night, Barclays, Cap One and MBNA I found were easy maximum payout minimum fuss.
                          Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by whatnest View Post
                            Thanks Di, Have you had problems with other CC reclaims ? What ones did you find easiest to deal with ?
                            Hi there

Lloyds were the only high street bank I had some issues with, but as said it taken some time before they agreed to our request of freezing the interest, when we were in hardship.
                            And they were the only ones we taken out CC with, but we did have loans with them and other loan providers arranged by loan brokers.

More or less sorted now, apart from another 2 loan ppi again with Lloyds, where the other lot with them are resolved, these 2 are still on hold with the bank.

Comment

"Total letters sent out now at 31 in last 7 days !!!. (Hardship/SAR/harassment/PPI reclaim/CCA and CC charges)"

I put the above on an earlier post.
                              CC with 9 and ive sent in charges reclaim on all of them.
                              I only have PPI with HSBC,Nwest and Barclays ....all three cancelled couple of years ago
                              when they refused to pay out !!! So i have sent in PPi reclaim.
                              Most of my cards date from around 2000,2001 when i was first made redundant and then business failure due to thieving business partner 4 years later.
                              My debt was nearly £70k on cards at one point.
                              Thanks for your help Wendy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X