• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Original Creditor Default on my Experian Credit File

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Creditor Default on my Experian Credit File

Hi

Advice needed

Can a creditor keep applying defaults every 6 years to my Credit File.

I defaulted in 2002 and I know a default was added to my credit file at this time then I was told in 2010 that a default had been added again in 2008, even though I was paying the OC via a DMP allbeit lower payments which the OC accepted. I have just got a copy of my credit file from Experian with an 8 and the OC has not even mentioned that I have been paying a reduced payment via a DMP.
    Tags: None

Re: Original Creditor Default on my Experian Credit File

Hi

Further to this report the default that was issued in 2008 had the heading "GONE AWAY" and yes I did move house but I notified all my creditors of this in 2006 and continued to pay the dmp so can this default be illegal ?

Comment

Once there is a default, then the monthly status codes with be updated as such each month. i.e "8" or "D". That is OK. Even if you are paying it off. The outstanding balance should be updated to show what you are paying off though.

Actually registering a second default is not OK.

What is now listed as the "default date" on the reports?

Even if you are paying a reduced agreed amount on a DMP, if that is below the contractual minimum for that debt then they can after a while add a default. Any amount agreed on a DMP is informal, but breaching a credit agreement or contractual obligation is not.
      Last edited by Nibbler; 8th March 2011, 07:39:AM.

Comment

Oh. And what exactly is on your report now?

If a default was issued in 2002, there shouldn't be anything at all on your report regarding this account now.

Comment

Hi Nibbler
          REGARDING THIS DEFAULT ON MY CREDIT FILE IT HAS A DEFINED HEADING AS "GONE AWAY" IT DOSNT SHOW ANY PAYMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE VIA A DMP JUST AN AMOUNT OWED AT THE TIME OF THIS "GONE AWAY" DEFAULT AND NOW I HAVE BEEN REFUSED A BASIC BANK ACCOUNT BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT ITS BECAUSE I HAVE COMMITTED FRAUD AGAINST THE CREDITOR THAT HAS ISSUED THIS "GONE AWAY" DEFAULT BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TRIED TO EVADE PAYING MY DEBT WHICH IS JUST NOT TRUE AS MY DMP RAN FROM 2002 TO 2010 EVERY MONTH WITHOUT FAIL YET THERE IS NO MENTION OF THIS ON THE "GONE AWAY" DEFAULT. INCIDENTALLY ALL MY CREDITORS AND THE CCCS WERE NOTIFIED OF A CHANGE OF ADDRESS IN 2006. IN 2010 I GOT A LETTER FROM THIS CREDITOR SAYING THAT A DEFAULT WAS ISSUED IN 2008 WHICH IS EXACTLY 6YEARS SINCE THEIR LAST ONE IN 2002 BUT AN ADMINISTRATIVE ERROR ON THEIR BEHALF MEANT THAT THEY HAD SENT IT TO MY PREVIOUS ADDRESS IN 2008, I DIDNT GET THIS DEFAULT OR ANY NOTIFICATION OF IT. THIS DEFAULT BEING THE "GONE AWAY" DEFAULT, IN THIS SAME LETTER THIS CREDITOR STATES THAT NO STATEMENTS WERE SENT NOR NO COMMUNICATION WILL BE ENTERED INTO BECAUSE I STARTED A DMP. SO IS THE DEFAULT "GONE AWAY" ILLEGAL SINCE IT IS THE SAME ACCOUNT AS THE 2002 DEFAULT, AND BECAUSE THEY SAY THEY MADE AN ADMINISTRATIVE ERROR AND POSTED THE NOTICE TO MY PREVIOUS ADDRESS, I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ISSUED A GONE AWAY AS THEY WERE DEALING WITH THE CCCS SURELY IN ONE BREATH THIS CREDITOR IS SAYING WE WILL NOT COMMUNICATE WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE ON A DMP BUT WE WILL ISSUE A DEFAULT AND THEN SEND IT TO YOUR PREVIOUS ADDRESS BECAUSE WE KNOW YOU WONT GET THE NOTICE AND THEREFORE YOU CANT ASK THE FOS TO INVESTIGATE. ANY ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED.
          THANKS

Comment

Hi
            Can somebody please read this posting and let me know what to do ?

Comment

I've flagged up your post to Admin, hopefully someone who knows more about defaults than I do will be along soon
              Is no longer here

Comment

Hi!

I suggest, that you should log a formal complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO):
                http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X