• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

any advice will be greatly appreciated..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any advice will be greatly appreciated..

My husband and I separated in July 2008, just before we separated i got out a 1K loan at the time i thought all was well with the husband etc so thought it was okay..

I moved across the country once i had received my eviction notice from the MOD. I moved into my own place in March 2009 and got behind on rent and council tax due to the council giving me conflicting advice and refusing to back pay them (paid the rent arrears now).

In Sept 09 i decided to start college to try and make something of myself however I struggled to pay to travel there etc and had to drop out.

I have around 5k debt from when I was with my husband and some since we separated. I had a bailiff at my door earlier asking for money, money I don't have luckily he was helpful and could see for himself that i'm struggling to make ends meet as it is (the only thing of value i have is my laptop)

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice to help me get out of this? I was with a debt management plan but they stopped payments hence the bailiff turning up.
    Tags: None

Re: any advice will be greatly appreciated..

Alternatively the bailiffs obviously need dealing with. Amy will probably pick up on this and be able to give advice in that area.

Comment

thanks, the bailiff actually recommended this site to me, I just looked at my credit score and it's 640 not good but then not as bad as it could be. I forgot to mention that I agreed to pay the Bailiff £20 tomorrow and the next payment will be due 28 days later.

Comment

Don't know what happened to the first bit of my post?

I did put were you paying for your DMP, if so go with someone like CCCS who are both good and free, or try to organise payments yourself. If you fill in the IE sheet (top of this page) you can work out your disposable income and see how you can share this fairly between your creditors. Obviously make sure you're priority debts are all covered.

Comment

yes I was paying for my DWP.

will have a look at the IE sheet thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by lauri07 View Post
            yes I was paying for my DWP.

will have a look at the IE sheet thank you!
            as caspar said try to use one of the free services as the ones you pay seem to be obsessed with looking after there own balance sheet, i was with one it was a £700.00 upfront payment +a commission for each payment that the dmp company paid out for you, the lenders wouid rather you used a free service as thats also more money for them,that does also make negotiating easier as well,it,s nothing generally you can,t do yourself, i paid about £1500.00 to my dmp just to do something i couid do myself, there,s lots of help on here.

Comment

I can't access the IE page

Comment

Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

See if that will download the CFS sheet for you.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

that worked thank you will have a play with it later

Comment

Originally posted by lauri07 View Post
                    My husband and I separated in July 2008, just before we separated i got out a 1K loan at the time i thought all was well with the husband etc so thought it was okay..

I moved across the country once i had received my eviction notice from the MOD. I moved into my own place in March 2009 and got behind on rent and council tax due to the council giving me conflicting advice and refusing to back pay them (paid the rent arrears now).

In Sept 09 i decided to start college to try and make something of myself however I struggled to pay to travel there etc and had to drop out.

I have around 5k debt from when I was with my husband and some since we separated. I had a bailiff at my door earlier asking for money, money I don't have luckily he was helpful and could see for himself that i'm struggling to make ends meet as it is (the only thing of value i have is my laptop)

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice to help me get out of this? I was with a debt management plan but they stopped payments hence the bailiff turning up.

Hi Lauri

What debt did the bailiff call about, was it council tax or a credit debt ?

If it was a credit debt with no court judgement (ie non -priority) are you sure it was a bailiff or was it a collection agency rep ?

Comment

It was for orange and provident (loan i took out to carpet the house i'm in) he's from a agnecy called moorcroft debt recovery limited

Comment

Hi Lauri

Sounds very much like a collection agency rep not a bailiff.

Have any court judgements ever been obtained on the orange and provident debts the Moorcroft chap called about?

Earlier you put evicted by the MOD - is this the Ministry of Defence by any chance and have you and your son any armed forces connections?
                        Last edited by Latch Key Kid; 28th February 2011, 22:16:PM. Reason: atrocious spelling

Comment

Moorcroft debt collection. just another DCA. Just by chance did he say he was a bailiff?

Comment

Hi

Maybe the Moorcroft chap thinks hes a bailiff.

Lauri I can appreciate it may be difficult to put too much information on here -

If you have any forces connections you 'may' be eligible for help via the Royal British Legion

Heres a little info on the RBL that might help

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/medi...ma_listing.pdf

Also as other posters have already mentioned it would do no harm to contact one of the free debt charities.

Wishing you the best
                            Last edited by Latch Key Kid; 28th February 2011, 22:56:PM.

Comment

As it was Moorcroft, then it's a debt collection agency not a bailiff. If he told you he was a bailiff then he was misleading you. But on the plus side for him, at least he directed you here which was decent of him.

You need to sort the priority debts out first, (Rent, Council Tax, Utilities etc) then come to sensible payment arrangement with the others. It might help if you put a list up of howmuch you owe, to whom, then we could point you in the right direction.

For what it's worth, I've got a payment plan with Moorcroft, I can only speak for myself, but all my dealings with them have been hassle free and the people I've spoken to there have always been very helpful. And they don't add on any charges for paying by debit card, like so many others do. It might be useful to remember that although you have agreed £20 per month with the doorstep agent, if you find that this is not feasible once you've done your IE, it's not set in stone and you will be able to negotiate it down to a figure you can reasonably afford.
                              Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X